AJAX Attribute Manager

Option sort order on product page - AJAX Attribute Manager

Option sort order on product page

by artfulweb » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:47 am

Hello Rainer,
Is there a way to have the options defined in the Attribute Manager for a product show in the order added in the manager on the product page? It did in the past (using QTPro) but now is only in alpabetical or numeric order, not as I defined them. Thank you in advance for your help.
artfulweb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Option sort order on product page

by raiwa » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Option and attributes is core since a while. Attribute manager should support it using the arrows to move the options/attributes up or down and control on that way the order like before. You could compare to the sort order values in the core products attributes page to see if they match.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

by artfulweb » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:34 pm

raiwa wrote:Option and attributes is core since a while. Attribute manager should support it using the arrows to move the options/attributes up or down and control on that way the order like before. You could compare to the sort order values in the core products attributes page to see if they match.
Hi again,
With Attribute Manager there is no where to activate "Use Sort Order" and as I remember it was there before.
artfulweb
VIP Member
VIP Member

by raiwa » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:56 pm

You do not need to activate it. Sort order is core, so it is now activated always in Attributes Manager.
EDIT: Just checked and it seems there is something broken in 1.0.8.16. The order changes in the Attribute Manager, but not in the database. I'll have a look when I'll find some time.

raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

by raiwa » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:11 pm

I was thinking about this and I believe the sort order support needs to be remade in Ajax Attributes Manager.
The core sort order for options and attributes is not linked to products like it was before in Attributes Manager.
If we now support changing the sort order in Attributes Manager, it would change the sort order settings not only for the edited product, but for all products using the changed option or attribute. This may lead to unwanted sort order changes. It is also not very transparent just moving the options/attributes up down without knowing the exact sort order number.
I believe attribute manager should allow only to add a sort order number for new added options and attributes. Then it might be good to display the sort order number without the possibility to edit and change it and of course, show them listed in the correct sort order in attributes manager.
It's better to manage the sort order of existing options/attributes on a global level in the core attributes page.

Let me know your thoughts.

raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

by artfulweb » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:17 pm

It had always worked so well. I have for example many colors in each product and according to the pattern chosen for a product (which can have from 5 to 120 colors) I need to specify as the first option the color shown in the photo as the customer wants most often the color shown. The advantage of Ajax Attributes Manager was that I could do just that, as each product is different and may not use the same color. Defining a sort order in Categories=>Products Attributes (thus the core) will not work for this reason, each product using the same options in a different order.

You made life so easy with Ajax Attributes! Always the first add-on I added to my sites! Now my customers are confused and have to look thru the list for the color, if they remember what was in the product description. Have to remember that customers are often looking for the quickest solution when buying a product.

Even if instead of the up-down columnn there was a column to indicate the order number for those colors in each product that would be great, if that would resolve the problem. I always put in the core attributes page a sort order of 0 for all options which allowed me to designate them in AAM.

Does this make any sense to you? Thanks for all your efforts.
artfulweb
VIP Member
VIP Member

by raiwa » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:34 am

I'll think about for the next update.

raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer