Purchase without Account

Not possible to edit PWA information - Purchase without Account

Not possible to edit PWA information

by justgovintage » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:57 am

After a customer fills out their Guest Profile Information, the checkout process continues, but there is no way to return to the Guest Profile Information to edit it. For example, what if I set the wrong email address? I tried to add an Edit Guest Profile option, but the create_account_pwa.php page will always redirect to the next step in the checkout process. Would it be possible to add an account_pwa_edit.php page & links to allow for updating the PWA Guest Profile? Or, if the PWA account & customer_id of 1 already exists, redirect to a new account_pwa_edit.php page rather than the next step in the checkout process?
justgovintage

Re: Not possible to edit PWA information

by raiwa » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:43 pm

I believe there is no need to edit the e-mail.
- PWA is intended to be a fast way to checkout and does not offer an account profile to be stored. It would be therefore against the idea of no account data storage to allow data editing.
- there is no place during the checkout process where the guest can see and verify the mail he entered. How should he get aware that it is wrong?
- he would be aware when he does not get the order confirmation mail. Then it is anyway too late to correct it. What he can do then is to contact the shop by mail, contact form or phone and ask to correct the mail.
- tecnically it would be the easiest way to leave the account links enabled during checkout, but this is again against the idea of PWA, see point one.
- and last not least: PWA is in use since years in many shops and no one claimed for this until now.
- the only measure which would make sense, in my opinion, is to add an additional check in form of a second e-mail confirmation field or an alert pop up which shows the entered e-mail before confirmation to make sure the customer has entered the correct mail
- anyway, for a guest checkout the really important info is the delivery address, nothing else.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

by justgovintage » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:15 am

That makes sense.

BTW, is the delivery address even needed? In my design, I am only capturing the State/Providence, Post Code, & Country to accurately quote shipping & tax when they get to the PayPal Checkout (my only checkout option). In my usage of it, I anticipate always shipping to the PayPal address of the purchase to be covered as a seller under the PayPal protection policy & I would expect the system to update the address for the order when returning from PayPal. Capturing only the email, State/Providence, Post Code, & Country is what I determined to be the "minimum" fields needed to make the shopping experience as easy/quick as possible. I guess if I had flat shipping and no tax to worry about, then only email would have been needed with having a PayPal only store. The customizable aspect of this Addon was very helpful for me.
justgovintage

by justgovintage » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:59 am

I found a minor warning that can be cleaned up in the Admin error log with this Addon. Steps to reproduce:
1) After an order, on the 'Order => Status History' tab, update the order status & uncheck 'Add links to product reviews' & Save.
2) A warning will be logged from \includes\hooks\admin\siteWide\swPwa.php that $products_review_links is undeclared on line 46. Above line 27, I added this to ensure it is always declared regardless of whether review links should be included in the status update email: $products_review_links = '';

Thanks.
justgovintage

by raiwa » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:07 am

Thanks, I’ll add this for the next update.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer