Purchase without Account

Apartment Number lost during PayPal guest checkout with PWA - Purchase without Account

Apartment Number lost during PayPal guest checkout with PWA

by justgovintage » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:55 am

Not sure if this is directly related to PWA, but I am seeing an issue where the PayPal log initially shows a PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2 value during the GetExpressCheckoutDetails API Response from PayPal, but then in the Request for the DoExpressCheckoutPayment API, the PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2 field is blank & the Apartment Number is lost. Both the billing address & shipping address for the order do not show the Apartment Number which maps to 'suburb' in the DB. I have looked at this extensively and cannot figure out where the PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2 value is being lost, but this causes the guest checkout PayPal information to show the shipping address without the Apartment number that the customer entered making their address incorrect for the shipment. I remember this being an issue with OSCommerce guest checkout as well. Any ideas how the 'suburb' (PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2) value is being lost? Thanks!
justgovintage

Re: Apartment Number lost during PayPal guest checkout with

by raiwa » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:46 am

PWA uses the same coding like the standard create account and the processing during checkout is also identical. You just need to make sure you have all fields you need added to the create_account_pwa.php page.
A field which is not there cannot be filled. But a filled in information can not be lost during checkout.
You should check first if it also happens with normal accounts. If yes, then it’s not PWA related.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

by justgovintage » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:58 am

Looks like I had the 'Suburb' Customer Data Module uninstalled because I previously thought I didn't need it (since I did not realize this was mapped to 'address line 2' based on the name). Possibly installing this module back could solve my problem of losing this value after it is returned from PayPal in the GetExpressCheckoutDetails API Response. It was just puzzling to me how data returned from PayPal never made it to be stored as part of the delivery address when the rest of the address returned from PayPal was being stored successfully. More than likely not an issue with PWA and possibly an issue with PayPal Express (express.php) losing the value, although I read that code for an hour & didn't see an issue. I'll have to see if installing the Suburb module fixes my issue. Thanks.
justgovintage

by raiwa » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:57 am

justgovintage wrote:Looks like I had the 'Suburb' Customer Data Module uninstalled because I previously thought I didn't need it (since I did not realize this was mapped to 'address line 2' based on the name). .......More than likely not an issue with PWA and possibly an issue with PayPal Express (express.php).................. I'll have to see if installing the Suburb module fixes my issue. Thanks.
Then it is not even related to PayPal express. If you remove a customer data module, the information it (its database entry) holds, will not be included anywhere during checkout. Independent of the payment module.
Regarding your original post: It's just opposite, the problem will not appear with PWA. PWA offers only the actual installed modules to be filled something in.
As this problem is unrelated to PWA, this topic will be closed.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

by ecartz » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:12 pm

raiwa wrote:the information it (it's database entry) holds, will not be included anywhere during checkout. Independent of the payment module.
It's not just checkout. Without the customer data module, the information won't get processed at all. It won't be collected during registration or checkout. It won't be saved. It won't exist. If it was previously saved and the customer data module doesn't explicitly remove it, it will still be in the database, but the software won't be aware of it.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer