Stripe Payment

Stripe not completing order correctly - Stripe Payment

Stripe not completing order correctly

by 14Steve14 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:11 pm

Latest version of the addon for version 1.0.7.11. Used the 1.0.7.9+ version.

Rainer This is a bit of a silly question on which I am asking for a bit of direction as I am totally lost. Looking for ideas on what to check to get Stripe working again. I have made no changes to the website apart from yesterday I was having a few problems with another area of the site and restored the website from a know good working backup on the webhosts server from the previous day.

Up until earlier today the Stripe module has been working correctly. Today for some reason we have noticed that although the orders are being completed, and shown as completed on Stripe, the website is only marking them as preparing. I have tried removing all the stipe code from the server, uploading all the files again and setting the stripe module using all the correct data that we can taken straight from the stripe developers area for test and live codes.

In test mode using one of the Stripe test cards the payments go through, and are recorded correctly on the website as Payment received and all the correct information shows on the admin order status section.

When I try with my actual card in live mode, the order completes on the site, is recorded in Stripe but the order status is still showing as preparing. The order completion email is sent to the customer and the store. It does not change the customer notified red gross to a green tick in the order status page in admin.

Testing the payment system with a Paypal or Bank Transfer module payment all seems to work fine and the order status changes. It is only Stripe module where the orders are not updating from Preparing.

There are no errors in the front and back end error log files on the server, and like I say this only started this morning.

Sorry for the long post but do you have any ideas as to what could be causing this. Dont worry if you have no ideas.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Stripe not completing order correctly

by raiwa » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:41 am

Hi Steve,

It's hard to say as it seems the webhook is correct invoked and it is working in sandbox mode. If you say "preparing" status do you mean "Preparing [Stripe SCA]? I really have no clue other than trying to install the module again or rolling back to a backup if you have.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Re: Stripe not completing order correctly

by 14Steve14 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:17 am

raiwa wrote:Hi Steve,

It's hard to say as it seems the webhook is correct invoked and it is working in sandbox mode. If you say "preparing" status do you mean "Preparing [Stripe SCA]? I really have no clue other than trying to install the module again or rolling back to a backup if you have.
I have to admit I was at a bit of a loss too. I uninstalled the module, removed all the code, checked there were no left over files from older versions, reinstalled the module, obtained all the keys required directly from stripe and tested the payments again. All worked in both test mode and live mode.

When I was in the developers area getting the 'Live Webhook Signing Secret Key' I noticed that the payments that failed all had a 400 error which is 'Invalid webhook signing secret'. I cant say I had ever looked in that area of the stripe dashboard as I never needed to go there as everything was working correctly. We copied all the keys into a word document to make sure we had them so could check the old ones against the new ones. How that changed I have no idea, apart from the fact that my host admitted they did something to the server database the day before, that may have done something. (I had also been having a few other problems with the site such as the orders page would not load in admin since they did something) I am now going through every page in the admin and making sure that they are working correctly just in case some data has changed.

Sorry to have bothered you.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member