Ultimate SEO Urls

Roque Search Engines adding session to URL? - Ultimate SEO Urls

Re: Roque Search Engines adding session to URL?

by Piernas » Sat May 06, 2023 7:40 pm

mhsuffolk wrote:Yes, the page loads correctly.
If an info page link is clicked on as the FIRST click after landing on index.php then the ceid appears in the URL, just as in the error message and the error is thrown.
Just trying to replicate your issue but I can't. ceid should be present on first click until the cookie i set so its a normal behaviour. What I have noticed is this:

Code: Select all

info.php?pages_id=8?ceid=82aa259c3ed7eb310214e7412ae069fa
should be:

info.php?pages_id=8&ceid=82aa259c3ed7eb310214e7412ae069fa
The '?' is being repeated instead of '&' for the second argument (ceid). What I can't find is where is it being generated...

Can you please check on first load what link is generating this URI? is it on footer or also in other places?
Piernas

by mhsuffolk » Sun May 07, 2023 7:36 am

Piernas wrote: Can you please check on first load what link is generating this URI? is it on footer or also in other places?
Any link appears to generate the error. For example, I use info pages for the footer links to Privacy, shipping, Ts&Cs etc. They all do it. The main problem is in the information box where I have links to my generated pages, they all do it on first load.
FYI on my store ALL URLs exhibit a ? in the last bit where there is a choice e.g product_info.php. I know the addon does not influence admin side URLs but the same "?" behaviour exists there.
Even "Existing Customer login" produces a ?

https://www.*****.co.uk/login.php?ceid=d165e5ab1012aa7c046530e2cf0f6921
Live shop Phoenix 1.0.9.0 on PHP 8.0
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member

by Piernas » Mon May 08, 2023 9:07 pm

mhsuffolk wrote: Even "Existing Customer login" produces a ?

https://www.*****.co.uk/login.php?ceid=d165e5ab1012aa7c046530e2cf0f6921
This is correct as ceid is the first and only argument. The problem is that it uses ? for the second parameter. When you have two parameters it should look like this:

index.php?arg1=a&arg2=b&arg3=c

The first parameter is marked by a ? and the rest of them should be marked with &

Here is your problem shown in your log:

info.php?pages_id=8?ceid=82aa259c3ed7eb310214e7412ae069fa

I am not sure if it's caused by USU, by another addon or from your server setup. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you check the links produced on first load?
Piernas

by mhsuffolk » Tue May 09, 2023 12:24 pm

I have cured or supressed the issue, I know not which.
Over a year ago my host changed something and Phoenix admin complained that url_fopen was disabled. The host then put this php.ini file into my root and the url_fopen error went away.

allow_url_fopen = On
display_errors = Off
enable_dl = Off
file_uploads = On
max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 32M
post_max_size = 8M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74"
upload_max_filesize = 2M
zlib.output_compression = Off
Recently I removed the php.ini, in an attempt to tidy things up, and all was well until I upgraded to 1.0.8.19 when the USU issue started.
I have just discovered that if I replace the php.ini in root then all is well.
Thank you for your time, I will await developments and perhaps look for a new host. They were recently taken over and things have gone downhill since then.
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member

by lecarlb » Mon May 22, 2023 8:43 pm

Hello,

Has the sessions issues been resolved?

I use this add-on for a 1.0.7.16 site and a 1.0.8.4 site. Here's what Google is complaining about:

https://mysite.com/vanderbilt-minuit-a- ... rrency=CAD

https://mysite.com/fragrances-kilian-c- ... vevsdn8k6e

It's causing issues with Google trying to index pages with sessions and canonical issues. Alternate page with proper canonical tag is the exact error in Google Search Console.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

by lecarlb » Wed May 24, 2023 9:22 pm

mhsuffolk wrote:Phoenix 1.0.8.19 USU 3.07 PHP 7.4

Occasionally getting in the shop side error log.

PHP Warning: aPage_Modules::stripPathToLastNumber: Incorrect path value of 1?ceid=a4448893e073eb44c1689dd55b583ec9 presented in /home/****/public_html/includes/apps/ultimate_seo_urls/abstracts/page_modules.php on line 318

I had 5 yesterday all with different session numbers and repeated 4 or 8 times (Lines in the error log)
@mhsuffolk Did you solve this issue? My issue is similar. Google is creating sessions and trying to index pages with session id's. I've managed to remove sort, cPath and manufacturers_id from the url. I'm not sure how to remove the currency, page and view all from the url.

Thanks for reading.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

by mhsuffolk » Wed May 24, 2023 10:30 pm

You are getting exactly the same issue as I did. See my post above from the 9th May for how mine has been either cured or suppressed. I do not know why but there it is.
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member

by Piernas » Wed May 31, 2023 10:23 am

lecarlb wrote:Phoenix 1.0.8.19 USU 3.07 PHP 7.4
@mhsuffolk Did you solve this issue? My issue is similar. Google is creating sessions and trying to index pages with session id's. I've managed to remove sort, cPath and manufacturers_id from the url. I'm not sure how to remove the currency, page and view all from the url.

Thanks for reading.
I'll fix the currency issue for netx release but "view_all" should replace "page" avoiding duplicate content so it should not be removed.

About the other error (re:ceid) I still don't know why this happens as I could not replicate it and @mhsuffolk fixed it himself.
Piernas

by mhsuffolk » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:47 am

Piernas wrote:
About the other error (re:ceid) I still don't know why this happens as I could not replicate it and @mhsuffolk fixed it himself.
Update. Whilst the errors are still cured the original issue of a second "?" instead of a "&" still exists.

First click in the site when there is no session cookie set produces this.

https://www.****.co.uk/info.php?pages_id=3?ceid=29a369509434139e38df2b94284b368b

(note the double question mark, in this case the session id should be appended with an &)

So my problem is partly cured, but I would like to completely cure it.
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member