Search found 138 matches

by azpro
Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:24 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: TWO posts that defined Phoenix
Replies: 7
Views: 293

Re: TWO posts that defined Phoenix

yeah ... but still we need ... for modules / admin programs ... "REQUIRED" - "PROVIDES" - "DEPENDENCIES" etc. ... otherwise automated update will stay a Fata Morgana ..... this off course applies for all parts of Phoenix ... Sounds complicated but once you established a...
by azpro
Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:20 pm
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: A question about PHP version
Replies: 8
Views: 216

Re: A question about PHP version

You have no idea how many times the colour has drained from my face when I make mistakes and the site/page will not load, I literally feel it go :) and that is not including the mini heart attacks :) I cant say its turning my hair grey as that happened many years ago :) Yes - we do! We have all bee...
by azpro
Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:30 pm
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: override admin pages
Replies: 8
Views: 364

Re: override admin pages

My experience .. DO NOT OVERRIDE ... keep core just core .. it will massively help you when you need to upgrade Phoenix core ... just copy and rename the file ... We allways do eg customers.php -> customers_manager.php .... than develop only on your new xxxx_manager.php .... also think of copying bo...
by azpro
Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:19 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: What's your Phoenix story?
Replies: 12
Views: 945

Re: What's your Phoenix story?

About you 1. How did you find Phoenix? Started with osCommerce in 2002(?) for a new business idea I had ... Knowledge of websites - basic coding - html (what?) - server (ehhhhh??) - php (what is that??) .. etc ... ?? ZERO ... litterally ZERO .. I remember nice Q&A's on the forum (Joop) about &qu...
by azpro
Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:30 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Overlapping Addons
Replies: 60
Views: 8473

Re: Overlapping Addons

I did not want to post - because I am posting too much - but I need to give my two cents... Number 1 - IMHO this discussion should be moved to Team forum Number 2 - Both of you are right - but IMHO the only way to have more involvement is to have more users... and for me it is very clear what needs ...
by azpro
Thu Sep 10, 2026 10:14 am
Forum: Other
Topic: Overlapping Addons
Replies: 60
Views: 8473

Re: Overlapping Addons

History and that wound resurfacing - I probably shouldn't have visited. I'll be thinking about what happened between HPDL/Holbi all day :( :( :(
I (we) don't want to know ... thats''s the past - we move on now! With much better Core and team!
by azpro
Mon Sep 07, 2026 12:31 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Overlapping Addons
Replies: 60
Views: 8473

Re: Overlapping Addons

I am posting too much - but I need to chip in .... The essental aspect IMHO is the fact that Phoenix is Open Soucrce and "Free" .... It is upmost important to keep the small codebase .... We agree we need more users/first downloads(?) ... So you need to showcase - both "simple" c...
by azpro
Sun Sep 06, 2026 9:52 am
Forum: Other
Topic: Overlapping Addons
Replies: 60
Views: 8473

Re: Overlapping Addons

I am working on a full pro Version - where a user/shopowner can Select / Choose / Configure litterally everything and anything - all "out-of-the box". Intended workflow: first you download Phoenix Core / Master as-is. After installing Phoenix Master you download "Pro" Package ZIP...
by azpro
Tue Sep 01, 2026 12:53 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Soooo Quiet in Here
Replies: 27
Views: 3951

Re: Soooo Quiet in Here

I'm far less patient than you Gary, I would be taking a very direct approach and start sending out emails to registered members who have not posted or given answers for a while - reminding them that projects like this cannot survive long term without their involvement, no matter how small. However,...
by azpro
Thu Aug 27, 2026 11:19 am
Forum: Modules
Topic: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required
Replies: 8
Views: 6494

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

agree - more users should be involved in testing etc. but do remember ... EG I am now in a development cycle and in "the zone" .. So (at least for me) it is impossible to do/test other things when I am developing in general. I need the focus and concentration. There might be lots of reason...