Search found 561 matches

by Kofod95
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:36 am
Forum: Modules
Topic: A question about installing addons (the file structure)
Replies: 10
Views: 442

Re: A question about installing addons (the file structure)

Add-ons can generally be uploaded with all their content (except "readme"-files or similar). You don't have to create the new folders, if you upload the entire add-on. I can't think of a good reason to upload each file one by one - maybe to "learn" the add-on? But I would do that...
by Kofod95
Sun Sep 20, 2026 6:09 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Overlapping Addons
Replies: 60
Views: 8475

Re: Overlapping Addons

This could potentially be something like what you are suggesting to find and use?https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2671486

//Daniel
by Kofod95
Sat Sep 19, 2026 6:03 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Soooo Quiet in Here
Replies: 27
Views: 3954

Re: Soooo Quiet in Here

Is that where Phoenix should be? Locking users up for £$xx per month, owning users data, owning users customers, allowing addons only if they meet stringent conditions... No. This would make Phoenix "not-Phoenix". If someone wants to use Phoenix that way, they can, but it isn't what Phoen...
by Kofod95
Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:14 am
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
Replies: 18
Views: 756

Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?

And their was me thinking I could just edit the file and add a text link that would open in a new tab :) Just for clarity: You can. Includes/hooks/admin/siteWide/hMenu.php has the other links. You can open that file and edit it. The downside is, that editing core-files makes updates harder (and wil...
by Kofod95
Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:10 am
Forum: Other
Topic: Effects of Core Updates on Addons
Replies: 18
Views: 2133

Re: Effects of Core Updates on Addons

"You changed Core ! You are a sinner and are going to Hell" I appreciate the fun in this, but I think the point Burt is making is quite important: When someone uses Phoenix, it's their Phoenix. They can do whatever they like with it. The more users that understand this, the better for Pho...
by Kofod95
Thu Sep 17, 2026 9:42 pm
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
Replies: 18
Views: 756

Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?

https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/PhoenixCart/blob/1c2161d0f1f605724efa058ecffe66f6f4bf0e55/admin/index.php#L36 In admin/index.php line 36 you find this code: $admin_hooks->cat('extraButtons') ?> This is a hook listener, meaning that something calling that can be "heard". So if you create ...
by Kofod95
Thu Sep 17, 2026 10:04 am
Forum: Other
Topic: Effects of Core Updates on Addons
Replies: 18
Views: 2133

Re: Effects of Core Updates on Addons

I think that what you are mentioning here is important and very difficult. The approach with more and smaller updates is a way to try to avoid the big leaps that were in OSC and made it very difficult for shopowners to update (of course, combined with the frequent use of core-code changes). These sm...
by Kofod95
Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:58 am
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?
Replies: 7
Views: 949

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

I could not find a way of posting a question on the module download page, so I posted here and also sent the designer a PM (I will eventually get used to how things work on here) :) No worries - yes, a forum and how to navigate it can take some time. You should see a "New topic" button in...
by Kofod95
Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:39 am
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: A question about the two files called Configure.php
Replies: 4
Views: 581

Re: A question about the two files called Configure.php

It's good to see you asking - keep 'em coming! Trial and error and questions are good ways of learning :)

//Daniel
by Kofod95
Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:55 am
Forum: Community Help & Support
Topic: A question about the two files called Configure.php
Replies: 4
Views: 581

Re: A question about the two files called Configure.php

In general, as soon as the install-procedure is done, you should change the permissions for both the configure-files. The install will write the paths and database-connection values to the configure files, and once that is done, no more edits are needed. The configure-files holds crucial information...