Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Open to all! Ask other shopowners for help.
cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by cerberus »

Hi all,

I have just installed the back to previous page addon/module, however it does not go back to the previous page, it only goes to the start (front index) page.

Can it be fixed ? or should I just remove it ?

This is the module.
app.php/addons/free_addon/back_button/

I am running Phoenix cart V 1.1.0.7
I see the back button is designed for V1.1.0.6

Thank you,
Steve



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
User avatar
Kofod95
Senior Contributor
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm
Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.21
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by Kofod95 »

The best thing would be to go to the add-ons support-thread found on the add-ons page you are linking to: app.php/addons/free_addon/back_button/support

There, the author will likely be able to assist and/or answer questions.

They could do it here as well, but since it concerns the specific add-on and not something general, it's better to have the posts there :)

//Daniel

User avatar
BrockleyJohn
Certified Developer
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:37 pm
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by BrockleyJohn »

Free addons have their own support discussion areas (in a tab on the addon) where the author is more likely to see your question, and someone may already have asked it:
app.php/addons/free_addon/back_button/support

cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by cerberus »

I could not find a way of posting a question on the module download page, so I posted here and also sent the designer a PM (I will eventually get used to how things work on here) :)

But I did find a way (sort of) around it that seems to work ok as a back to previous page link

I used the Image Disclaimer php and pasted this code into it :

Code: Select all

<A HREF="javascript:javascript:history.go(-1)"><p align="center"><b><font size="4" color="#008000">Go back to previous page</font></b></p></A>
The image disclaimer box under the main image on the product page now looks like this (but I would much rather use the correct button if I could). :
Screenshot 2026-09-16 025402.png

I did try this code below for a back button, but it only worked sometimes, and other times it added the product to the cart, not too sure what was happening there.

Code: Select all

<p align="center"><button onclick="history.back()">Go Back</button></p>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Kofod95
Senior Contributor
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm
Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.21
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by Kofod95 »

cerberus wrote: ↑Wed Sep 16, 2026 1:59 am I could not find a way of posting a question on the module download page, so I posted here and also sent the designer a PM (I will eventually get used to how things work on here) :)
No worries - yes, a forum and how to navigate it can take some time.

You should see a "New topic" button in the lower left corner
Skærmbillede 2026-09-16 085329.png
cerberus wrote: ↑Wed Sep 16, 2026 1:59 am I did try this code below for a back button, but it only worked sometimes, and other times it added the product to the cart, not too sure what was happening there.
This is likely because most of the product page is within a form. When submitted, the products will be added to the cart. A button will act as a "submit" (if not made as a link or something else). So what likely happened for you was, that sometimes, the JavaScript would run before the form was submitted, taking you back to the previous page, while other times, the submit would run before the JavaScript. It's a good thing you tested it yourself!

//Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omar_one
Senior Contributor
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:06 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.0.8.16
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by Omar_one »

Hello @cerberus
I think you may have installed the wrong version. Could you try installing v3.1 and see if that fixes the issue?
Omar

cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by cerberus »

Hi Omar_one,

It is version 3.1 I have installed, it does not go back to the previous page, it goes to the index (start) page. I have also tried it on a different browser with a cleared out cache.

cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Back button on the product page module/addon not working as it should ?

Post by cerberus »

Hello again Omar_one,
Thank you for fixing the issue for me with the back button for me :)



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
Post Reply