Hello,
it's possible to override admin pages like catalog pages?
I'm using admin hooks (catalog/includes/hooks/admin/) but I need to know if is possible to override entire page like frontend.
Thanks in advance
override admin pages
-
raiwa
- Certified Developer
- Posts: 1665
- Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 am
- Phoenix Version: 1.1.0.6
- : Buy Me A Beverage
- Has thanked: 72 times
- Been thanked: 156 times
Re: override admin pages
Search for “ How to change things in Admin”. There are several threads about it.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
-
PiLLaO
- Contributor
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:28 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 65 times
- Been thanked: 17 times
Re: override admin pages
Hi @raiwa
Thanks, I search “How to change things in Admin” but not math results, but finally find: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3245
As I was thinking isn't possible to override the entire page, instead this add clone page to new one.
Bets Regards.
Thanks, I search “How to change things in Admin” but not math results, but finally find: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3245
As I was thinking isn't possible to override the entire page, instead this add clone page to new one.
Bets Regards.
-
azpro
- Contributor
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 am
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
- Has thanked: 38 times
- Been thanked: 45 times
Re: override admin pages
My experience .. DO NOT OVERRIDE ... keep core just core .. it will massively help you when you need to upgrade Phoenix core ... just copy and rename the file ... We allways do eg customers.php -> customers_manager.php .... than develop only on your new xxxx_manager.php .... also think of copying box files and language files (box and customers.php) ... I know there could be diferent views on this topic but .... thank me later 
-
raiwa
- Certified Developer
- Posts: 1665
- Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 am
- Phoenix Version: 1.1.0.6
- : Buy Me A Beverage
- Has thanked: 72 times
- Been thanked: 156 times
Re: override admin pages
If you really need to replace a complete admin page, here is how to do it:
https://phoenixcart.org/forum/viewtopi ... 505#p23505
https://phoenixcart.org/forum/viewtopi ... 505#p23505
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
-
PiLLaO
- Contributor
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:28 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 65 times
- Been thanked: 17 times
Re: override admin pages
Thanks Rainer,
I use it for PDFs, and it might work for me, but I prefer not to use redirection for this.
If I can't use override, I'll just clone the page as is; less hassle later.
I use it for PDFs, and it might work for me, but I prefer not to use redirection for this.
If I can't use override, I'll just clone the page as is; less hassle later.
- BrockleyJohn
- Certified Developer
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:37 pm
- Phoenix Version:
- : Buy Me A Beverage
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 36 times
Re: override admin pages
I guess by override you mean the template system. This doesn't really let you replace a whole page, just the page part that does the presentation, together with the language defs, module templates and so on. Although this gives you the ability to change some of what the site does, it grew out of making it easy to change how the site is presented and to support switching between different layouts.
In admin, as well as hooks you have actions. You can write your own actions to use instead of core actions to make different views to better support your admin workflow or add new functionality if that's more coherent than trying to tie several hooks together. You can then use a hook to switch to a different default view for example, equivalent to overriding part of the core page.
In admin, as well as hooks you have actions. You can write your own actions to use instead of core actions to make different views to better support your admin workflow or add new functionality if that's more coherent than trying to tie several hooks together. You can then use a hook to switch to a different default view for example, equivalent to overriding part of the core page.
