stop my store name appearing at top of the home index page

Ask the community for help and support.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: stop my store name appearing at top of the home index page

Post by Kofod95 »

trophy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:52 pm I cannot see why the store name has to be visual when one can add it in the index page text as I have done.
As explained previously; it does not have to. Every instance of Hobbies Plus on your site can be removed by turning off/disabling a module and/or by editing a language file.

I'm still not sure which one you want gone, the one I have removed here?
remove-nav-brand.png
I actually think it is possible from within the admin to remove the entire content of index (as well as most other pages), so again; explore your admin!

//Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

trophy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:52 pm 14Steve14 ye.s you are correct in what you say.
What bamboozles me is that the program dictates the store name "Hobbies Plus" can only be displayed in that position, seems daft, it looks out of place.
The text that just shows your store name in that position is not standard. If you look at a the demo store the text is different, so you must have changed it.

Don't be scared to try things in your admin and the language files. You can change the positions of nearly every module just by changing the sort order of the module. Most sites will make changes to nearly every standard core language file just to make their site different. If you want to see that some leave the text as is, go to any Phoenix website and on the advanced search page click on the help text and see what's in the popup box. Most will make mention of computer parts or fruit, as that is what is in the core files. Change the text to suit your store.
trophy

Post by trophy »

Thank you, I now know it has been moved but not by me.
I have spent days on the old OSC and trust me I am gun shy, that programme was a night mere, I killed it several times, in the end got pro help to do my mods, as I don't have time to fiddle day & night.
Any ways I shall give it a better shot since you say I can't destroy it.
Where is the advanced search page I can't find it anywhere.
Xpajun
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Xpajun »

14Steve14 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:55 am
The text that just shows your store name in that position is not standard. If you look at a the demo store the text is different, so you must have changed it.
Ahhhh.... but it is standard - except it woullook similar to this:
Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 15.36.05.png
Someone has removed the "Welcome on" text but left the link to the store name which is the %s part
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Store is now running 1.0.7.5 - php 7.3.24
Now working on 1.0.8.19 - php 7.3.24
ozeworks
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by ozeworks »

Good question. If you mean the content in the top LH corner then ...

You have the Brand Navigation module turned on here admin/modules.php?set=navbar&module=nb_brand.

It picks up the content from TOOL > DEFINE LANGUAGES admin/define_language.php?lngdir=english&filename=english/modules/navbar/nb_brand.php

So you have two options:

1. Turn the module off.

2. Change the content to something more useful to you actual operation eg. phone number or email address.

eg. define('MODULE_NAVBAR_BRAND_PUBLIC_TEXT', 'sales@slotcars.site');
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

Xpajun wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:44 pm
14Steve14 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:55 am
Ahhhh.... but it is standard - except it woullook similar to this:

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 15.36.05.png

Someone has removed the "Welcome on" text but left the link to the store name which is the %s part
So its not standard text and has been changed by someone. Change it again to make it more suitable to the page and the website.