stop my store name appearing at top of the home index page

Ask the community for help and support.
trophy

Re: stop my store name appearing at top of the home index page

Post by trophy »

14steve14
Very little has been altered on this site, a new site I want to get running sometime soon.
I have an old OSC site but that is hard to alter and takes too much time, which I don't have.
This is what I have
const MODULE_CONTENT_IP_TITLE_PUBLIC_TITLE = '%s';
I have a pic but cannot load it to this site.
trophy

Post by trophy »

I have now put arrows either side of the --> Hobbies Plus <-- I want gone.
If you scroll down to "How to contact us" you will see it is the same there too.
I did this by changing the "Value" in "My Store-store name - Value"
Yes 14steve14 if I write in that area as you mentioned, it does appear at the top to the left and the same level of the Hobbies Plus that I am trying to get rid of.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

trophy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:10 pm MODULE_CONTENT_IP_TITLE_PUBLIC_TITLE = '%s';
The highlighted %s is what is outputting the title, but I think you got the wrong one, because that one shows on product-listings (when a category or manufacturer has been selected). There is one where the language-file looks like this (in admin->tools->define languages): modules/content/index/cm_i_title.php
The one you've got here is: modules/content/index_products/cm_ip_title.php.
You could navigate to: admin->tools->define languages-> modules/content/index/cm_i_title.php and delete the %s.
You could also go to admin->modules->content->index->Page Heading and turn the module off (either setting 'enabled' to 'false' or removing the module altogether. Note, however, what @14Steve14 said about the SEO-benefits of having something there!

When in doubt, you can often find the module with your browsers' developer tools:
find-module.png
In the circled part, you can get a hint of which module outputs the text:
cm-i-title
cm=content-module, i=index, title=title (aka Page Heading)

//Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
trophy

Post by trophy »

Wow great reply kofod95, thank you.
I have looked in the areas as pointed out and all are OK, unaltered.
All my work with arrows etc was done in Configuration >My Store > Store name >value.
I just changed the text in Value.
I have not changed text etc any where else.
I would be happy to have it there and put my store info in (and do away with the text under the Purple HP) for SEO reasons as pointed out buy 14Steve14, which I was not aware of, thank you Steve14.
The big but is that it ends up in "How to Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

trophy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:14 pm I have looked in the areas as pointed out and all are OK, unaltered.
I expected them to be unaltered. Your Store Name is there many times, as you have a lot of modules active that shows it, at the same time as you have written it manually a few times.
To remove any of them, you can alter language files. That is in general where you should expect to change text. The User Guide will provide the instructions needed.
trophy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:14 pm I would be happy to have it there and put my store info in (and do away with the text under the Purple HP) for SEO reasons as pointed out buy 14Steve14, which I was not aware of, thank you Steve14.
The big but is that it ends up in "How to Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.
Why not just delete your manually written Store Name in the paragraph? My guess is that it would be in the cm_i_text_main

//Daniel
trophy

Post by trophy »

Kofod95, once again thank you for an informative reply.
I think I may have found the problem.
I was looking around this morning in "Content Modules" and see that the "Customer Greeting / Index " has a cross by it, do I assume it is not working?
Would that be the root of my problems?
If so how does one get "Customer Greeting" it back into play, so to speak?
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

trophy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:31 pm a cross by it
Just means the module is disabled. If you press edit, you can enable it which would make it a green checkmark, and make that module appear on the Catalog-side.

I think you would benefit a lot from exploring your admin; play with the settings, see what they do. Consult the User Guide, read through it, as that will teach you a lot.
If all you want is to remove some text, the User Guide tells how to do it, and several posts here gives further pointers. If you want something else, I'm afraid I don't understand what it is.
Your site looks like it is set up to look; showing the enabled modules in the order they are set as well as the text defined in the language-files. If you want to change text, you can change it. If you want to change layout, you can move/remove/add modules and configure them differently all from your admin. If you want to change styles, that can be done in the user.css in the template you have chosen. Everything is ready to use and the User Guide gives rather detailed instructions on doing that.

Of course you are welcome to ask, but I think learning how to use your admin is what would help you the most for now :)

//Daniel
trophy

Post by trophy »

Thank you Daniel.
The fix was simple.
With "welcome guest reinstalled Hobbies Plus appeared just above that and looked stupid.
So I deleted the store name, from "My Store"
Added Hobbies Plus to "my store address" may not be right, but it works.
Problem solved.
Thanks again to all that have contributed to solve my problem
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

trophy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:02 pm So I deleted the store name, from "My Store"
Added Hobbies Plus to "my store address" may not be right, but it works.
If you delete the text in the Store name in the My Store configuration area, then your store name will not show in lots of other areas, such as emails, invoices, packing slips and many more places where Store Name is called and used. If after testing all other areas of the store you are happy with that, then your solution is the right one.
trophy

Post by trophy »

14Steve14 yes you are correct in what you say.
I agree my solution is not totally ideal but it works.
What bamboozles me is that the program dictates the store name "Hobbies Plus" can only be displayed in that position, seems daft, it looks out of place.
I cannot see why the store name has to be visual when one can add it in the index page text as I have done.
What does everybody else do?
Last edited by trophy on Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.