Reduce height of boxes in the Categories column

Ask the community for help and support.
trophy

Reduce height of boxes in the Categories column

Post by trophy »

I want to reduce the height of the Categories box as I have many categories which requires a long scroll down.
If the box outline is removed would that decrease the height?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Reduce height of boxes in the Categories column

Post by heatherbell »

trophy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:40 pm I want to reduce the height of the Categories box as I have many categories which requires a long scroll down.
If the box outline is removed would that decrease the height?
IMO it would be better to reorganise your categories so there are fewer - read User Guide - https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... Categories
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

You can alter the size of the text in the box, and also the spacing between the text, but that then affects how the box works on smaller screens. Google may also penalise you as the text could be too close together making the site hard to use on mobile devices. For that reason alone its best to leave the spacing as its set in core.

I don't know what your settings are but have a look in your admin area modules - boxes - categories and see if you have 'Maximum Level of Nesting' set to 1. The box will then only show the top level categories and if one is clicked the sub categories show on the index page rather than in a big long list in the column categories box.

As others have said, if possible, alter your first level categories so there are less and have more 2nd, 3rd and more sub category levels.
mecinta

Post by mecinta »

You can add a css style to the file templates/override/static /user.css. Below is an example:
.bm-categories .list-group {
max-height: 200px;
overflow-y: auto;
}

.bm-categories .list-group .list-group-item {
min-height: 50px;
}
I am from a land of Melayu, Cina and Tamil
trophy

Post by trophy »

Thank's for the reply's most helpful.