1.0.8.12 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Ask the community for help and support.
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Re: 1.0.8.12 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Post by raiwa »

Not sure if this has been reported already:
When going back to checkout_shipping.php, the shipping selection is lost.
Changing line 83 in templates\default\includes\pages\checkout_shipping.php to:

Code: Select all

echo $method_input->require()->tick($method_value === ($_SESSION['shipping']['id'] ?? false));
fixes it for me.
Note that the payment selection is retrieved on that way.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27

Tags:
BPickle

Post by BPickle »

Line 53 of admin/includes/actions/reviews/views/save.php:

echo (new Tickable('reviews_rating', ['value' => $i, , 'class' => 'form-check-input', 'id' => "rating_$i"], 'radio'))->tick($i == ($rInfo->reviews_rating ?? 5));
The extra comma before 'class' causes a fatal error.
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

Trying to add a download file in admin: product attributes throws the following error:
Fatal error: DB: [1054] Unknown column 'unreal.zip' in 'field list' in C:\xampp_7.4.11\htdocs\xxxxxxxxxxx\includes\system\versioned\1.0.8.1\database_core.php on line 44
Tried to add the row directly into the database "products_attributes" table, but still get "physical" order in checkout. (Download is enabled in configuration).

ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

raiwa wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:36 pm Trying to add a download file in admin: product attributes throws the following error:
Does it always throw the same error? Or was that particular error caused by attempting to upload a file named unreal.zip?
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

ecartz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:51 pm
raiwa wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:36 pm Trying to add a download file in admin: product attributes throws the following error:
Does it always throw the same error? Or was that particular error caused by attempting to upload a file named unreal.zip?
No file is uploaded there. It’s just a text input of the filename which should be stored in the product_attributes table.

ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

raiwa wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:52 pm No file is uploaded there. It’s just a text input of the filename which should be stored in the product_attributes table.
That seems rather beside the point. Does unreal.zip always appear in the error message? Or is it a different value depending on what you enter in the input?

I suspect that line 37 should be

VALUES (%d, '%s', %d, %d) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

Just checked and I get another error for other filenames:
Fatal error: DB: [1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '.zip, 4, 2) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE products_attributes_id = VALUES(produc...' at line 3 in C:\xampp_7.4.11\htdocs\xxxxxxxxx\includes\system\versioned\1.0.8.1\database_core.php on line 44
ecartz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:14 pm I suspect that line 37 should be

VALUES (%d, '%s', %d, %d) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE
In which file should this line be added/changed??

EDIT: Found it in: admin\includes\actions\products_attributes\update_product_attribute.php. It fixes the problem for all filenames. Order shows now also as virtual.

BPickle

Post by BPickle »

Another bug, which seems to pop up in different places:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Form::hide() must be of the type string, null given, called in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/catalog/admin/customers.php on line 56 and defined in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/catalog/includes/system/versioned/1.0.8.1/form.php:73
The hide function forces its two parameters to be strings, which seems like a good idea. But then what happens, as in this case, when the second parameter is $customer_data->get('default_address_id', $customer_details) and that function/method returns null instead of a string?

As a workaround for now, I'll put "(string)" in front of that second parameter in my installation.
BPickle

Post by BPickle »

For the customer with a null value in the customers table for the default address, there also was no country selected in the country field on the customers.php page. Here's what I did:

1. Her address info on the customers.php page was blank, so I used phpmyadmin to change the null value for the default address to her address' id as found in the address_book table.

2. That made her address info appear on the customers.php page, but the country field said "Select One" instead of "United States." I then verified that her address in the address_book table did have a country_id value corresponding to the United States.

3. I then selected "United States" on the customers.php page and saved the change. After reloading the page, "United States" is now selected.

Her first order was paid via Paypal. I just tried making a test order using Paypal without being logged in. That added a new customer using the address Paypal has. The above oddity does not occur when using the customers.php page to look at the customer's information after adding a new customer in this way.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

I am setting this version up for the first time from scratch, and I can't connect to the database. I can connect to the DB manually in bash using the mysql command and same user/pasword, but I think the install script catches an exception and doesn't know what to do with it :

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

10.0.38-MariaDB-0+deb8u1

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.