Question about admin login / HTaccess

Ask the community for help and support.
loop
VIP Member
VIP Member

Question about admin login / HTaccess

Post by loop »

hi all
i have a question i'm wondering since installing phoenixcart. I have my admin user and clicked "htaccess enabled"
always whenn i login to admin i'm first asked for htaccess (that's ok) and after that the login is accepted and password is ok i'm getting a login page from phoenix where i have to put in my login password again....is that normal?

and my second question i have the hook for vertical sidemenu in admin and on every new browser session it's horizontal again and i have to click to have it verticaly, and thenn it stays as long as browser is open...
ReneH4

Re: Question about admin login / HTaccess

Post by ReneH4 »

loop wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:14 am hi all
i have a question i'm wondering since installing phoenixcart. I have my admin user and clicked "htaccess enabled"
always whenn i login to admin i'm first asked for htaccess (that's ok) and after that the login is accepted and password is ok i'm getting a login page from phoenix where i have to put in my login password again....is that normal?
Yes I think so. My shop is on 1079 and it also behaves like this.
loop wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:14 am and my second question i have the hook for vertical sidemenu in admin and on every new browser session it's horizontal again and i have to click to have it verticaly, and thenn it stays as long as browser is open...
If this is an add-on (I think it is) you might want to ask the developer himself.
loop
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by loop »

really? can't believe it is normal to login twice...
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

loop wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:46 pm really? can't believe it is normal to login twice...
Yes it is if you just set up a second level of password protection with htaccess.
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

Depends on how your (host) server is set up.

You could have the htaccess/htpasswd as one username and password, and the phoenix admin login as a different username/password so that you have a layer of extra security.

Or you can have both htaccess/htpasswd and the phoenix login the same, in which case you may have to enter details twice (or once if server is set up appropriately).

Or you can go without htaccess (not recommended, but is your choice), in which case you enter the details one time (phoenix login).
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
loop
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by loop »

htaccess is surely needed, but if i want to use the same username / password, how can do, that after i login htaccess, the phoenixcart use the same login and do not ask again?

you wrote something about: (or once if server is set up appropriately).

i really like to use a "good" htaccess password but do not like to login twice everyday on every browser