No Email Notification

Ask the community for help and support.
madruga

Re: No Email Notification

Post by madruga »

raiwa wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:19 pm I had problems to get the order confirmation mails sent to the store owner on some hostings when the store owner mail and the send extra owner mail are the same. Try to change the extra order mail to a different mail address (but also a domain mail).
On some hosting I had to change the mail subject to a different text. But it affected both, the mail sent to customers and the extra order mail.
But for any case, you could give it a try.
Thanks @raiwa I'd gone through that checklist before but it did not solve my problem. I've added the following code to my thank you template and I now get notifications. It's simple code but does the job.

Code: Select all

// Send new order notification to admin
	  	$to = STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS;
		$subject = "New " . STORE_OWNER . " Order Submitted";
		$message = "You have a new order on " . STORE_OWNER . ". Please visit website to process new order.";
		$headers = 'From: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . "\r\n" .
					 'Reply-To: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . "\r\n" .
					 'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
		mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

Some hosts require either the TO email address or the FROM email address to match the domain name being used. Some hosts require there to be an actual inbox for an email address, rather than a catch all.

EG: if your domain is mycoolshop.com, you should;
a. set up an inbox for (eg) info@mycoolshop.com [this would be done in your hosting control panel]
b. set up your mail program (eg mozilla thunderbird) for that info@mycoolshop.com inbox [this would be done on your home computer]
c. set up STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS as info@mycoolshop.com [this would be done in your Phoenix shop admin see https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... e=My_Store ]

When you have done ABC correctly, you should be able to send/receive all email to/from your Phoenix shop. In other words, any emails sent from your Phoenix would be sent "from" info@mycoolshop.com. Any customer who contact you via your shop would send "to" info@mycoolshop.com and you would pick these up from your inbox on your home computer.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
wal

Post by wal »

I had problems with this as well over many months. Searches on the interweb suggested the cPanel (or whichever admin you use I guess) email deliverability settings may be the problem.

I asked my domain host to check the cPanel setttings for DKIM, SPF and PTR (Reverse DNS) which they did, and advised they had changed (something - lol), and now I am finally getting all emails.

It may be worthwhile asking your domain host to check/update these settings for your domain.

Good luck
cheers, wal