Fatal Error after data-migration in Frontend

Ask the community for help and support.
Thommy_F

Fatal Error after data-migration in Frontend

Post by Thommy_F »

I Installed the newest Version of CE Phoenix and migrated old Data from an OSCommerce-Installation. Backend works fine and the Migration Utility was finished without an Error.

But since that my Frontend shows me:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "TITLE" in [Server-Path]/catalog/includes/classes/application.php:65 Stack trace: #0 [Server-Path]/catalog/includes/system/versioned/1.0.8.1/hooks.php(160): Application->set_template_title(Array) #1 [Server-Path]/catalog/includes/application_top.php(30): hooks->generate('startApplicatio...') #2 [Server-Path]/catalog/index.php(13): require('[SerPath]...') #3 {main} thrown in [Server-Path]/catalog/includes/classes/application.php on line 65
Thommy_F

Re: Fatal Error after data-migration in Frontend

Post by Thommy_F »

... found out, that the problem is located in - lets say the "translation"

is there a Complete Pac for german shops allready?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

Thommy_F wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:00 pm is there a Complete Pac for german shops allready?
Look in Addons (linked in your admin and here on the forum, e.g. app.php/addons/free/language-23
cadtec

Post by cadtec »

Hello, I have a similar problem.

CE Phoenix current version under PHP 8.0.25.

CE Phoenix has been completely reinstalled. In English, the backend and frontend work flawlessly.

After installing from the German localisation (app.php/addons/free/language-23) I can log in as admin, but only see a blank screen.

The frontend works normally, but remains in English localisation.

The setup was made to the German localisation according to the following specification: https://github.com/cupidare/PhoenixCart-German-Language

Who can help here?

Best regards,
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

For the problem in admin: a white screen usually means that there is something to find in the error-log - the translation most likely needs some updating done, which would allow admin to function in German as well - the error-log would point you in the direction of which files needs updating, but alternatively, you could compare the versions on GitHub to find the relevant changes to make.

For the frontend:
Is it unable to switch to German, or does it just default to English? If it is just the default that is wrong, clearing cookies and cache may help, but only if your browser is set up as German.

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
cadtec

Post by cadtec »

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your reply.
The cache has been deleted. Logging into the English backend works.
As soon as I log into the backend in German, I only see a white screen.

Question: Where and how can I do the localisation (only for the frontend) myself?
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

To fix the German backend you can do as I described previously, or you could simply copy all the English files for admin and rename the main file as well as the directory to German.

To manage languages, check the User Guide: https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... =Languages

If you mean how you could make your own translation, then you should copy all English files, rename the main (english.php) and the directory and then start translating (that can be done from the admin->tools->define language)

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

cadtec wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:46 am CE Phoenix current version under PHP 8.0.25.
After installing from the German localisation (app.php/addons/free/language-23)
Looking at that Language Addon, it can be seen it has not been updated by the author since PhoenixCart v1.0.8.15 so there might be problems if you are using v1.0.8.20.
It is likely that the German Language Pack will be updated very soon with thanks to @raiwa.
cadtec

Post by cadtec »

Hello heatherbell
I would be very happy if there would be a German localisation soon.
This shop system makes a very good impression on me.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

cadtec wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:28 pm I would be very happy if there would be a German localisation soon.
It is possible that it will be available after a few days so check the Addons Library again for update.