Some products do not appear in store

Ask the community for help and support.
HawaiiFarmer

Some products do not appear in store

Post by HawaiiFarmer »

At store level, unless customer clicks on the product Category or on "What's New?" only a subset of products are displayed. I have given the Product Category a high sort value (0). I have tried linking products to the default Category (Top). But each time 1 product is left out when a customer enters the store. I cannot find this topic in the Forum or in the User Guide. I am grateful any time and attention anyone might afford me.

CE Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.20
Release Date: 19-11-2022
Machine: Early 2015 iMac
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Some products do not appear in store

Post by Kofod95 »

Just ro be sure: You want all of your products to be displayed immediately? Or all from a certain category? Or something else?

The number of products displayed on the front-page can be configured if you use the core-module by going to modules->content->index->new products (I think that's the English for it) - det that to a number higher than the amount of products you have, if you want all your active products to be shown there.

If you want all from one category to show, you could use the featured products module, or make a new module that does exactly what you want. The easiest would probably be to copy cm_i_card_products.php and all related files, and then add a join to the sql (similar to 'INNER JOIN products_2_categories p2c ON p.products_id = p2c_products_id' - and then in the where clause: 'AND p2c.categories_id = . ' (int)MODULE_CONTENT_INDEX_CATEGORY_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY (this is a constant you would have to define; my suggestion would be in the parameters of the module. Of course, you could hard-code the category_id, but this would be more flexible)

If I misunderstood, I'm sorry - I will gladly try again ;)

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

HawaiiFarmer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:17 am At store level, unless customer clicks on the product Category or on "What's New?" only a subset of products are displayed. I have given the Product Category a high sort value (0). I have tried linking products to the default Category (Top). But each time 1 product is left out when a customer enters the store. I cannot find this topic in the Forum or in the User Guide. I am grateful any time and attention anyone might afford me.

CE Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.20
Release Date: 19-11-2022
Machine: Early 2015 iMac
@HawaiiFarmer Do you have a link or something as its difficult to understand exactly what the site is not doing that you would like it to do.

Store level is I assume the front page of the site. This will only show so many products. there is a setting in the admin - configuration - maximum values which you can change to show more or less products.

I don't get what you are doing when you say you are linking products to the TOP category. Just to be sure your categories or sub categories do not have sub categories and products in do they as that can cause some products not to show.

Adjusting the sort value of a category will only move it higher in the categories lists, so a category or sub category with a sort value of 1 will show that at the top of the list where the categories are shown such as in the categories column box.

I hope some of that is a help.
HawaiiFarmer

Post by HawaiiFarmer »

Thank you for your reply and attention. Link is

https://www.healing-grove.org/BI_SHOP/index.php

Products appear only after clicking a Category. Perhaps this is intended behavior under Phoenix.
HawaiiFarmer

Post by HawaiiFarmer »

Thank you for your reply and attention, Daniel. I have incremented the upper limit in cm_i_upcoming_products.php . That did not work. I will plan on implementing your suggestion of implementing a new module. But that will have to wait as other pots are boiling over just now. The URL is https://healing-grove.org/BI_SHOP/index.php
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

HawaiiFarmer wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:21 amI have incremented the upper limit in cm_i_upcoming_products.php . That did not work.
The module on your index page (shown in your website link) is New Products.
On Admin, go to Modules > Content and scroll down the list to find New Products in the Modules column (index in the Group column).
Click it and click Edit.
You will see Maximum Display is set to 4 by default.
That is why only 4 products are displayed in the module.
Change that number to your requirement and click Save.