Social login needed (so customer can login in cart with google / apple account to save time)

Ask the community for help and support.
loop
VIP Member
VIP Member

Social login needed (so customer can login in cart with google / apple account to save time)

Post by loop »

Hi All
i see most big players have social logins, so customer can login with the accoutn they already have without registering new on the phoenixcart.

i saw php plugins in general (https://hybridauth.github.io/documentation.html), but didn't tried it so far...

does a plugin exist already for phoenixcart? any ideas / Helps / comments would really appreciated

i think it could be very useful to help new customer to buy in our shops...
loop
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Social login needed (so customer can login in cart with google / apple account to save time)

Post by loop »

is this really not important / interesting for anyone?
I think the login in the store with a googleaccount / appleaccount is quite an extreme relief for the customer, or do I see that wrong? All major stores use this login type as far as I can tell.

I have played around with hybridauth and can login with google and get the email etc back, but the integration in Phoenixcart for login and useraccount creation (like paypal express) is very complex I think or how do you see it? ideas, suggestions?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Social login needed (so customer can login in cart with google / apple account to save time)

Post by heatherbell »

loop wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:25 pm is this really not important / interesting for anyone?
I think the login in the store with a googleaccount / appleaccount is quite an extreme relief for the customer, or do I see that wrong? All major stores use this login type as far as I can tell.
In the U.K. none of the major stores that we visit use it although GooglePay is frequent.
It may be important for your location, in which case, it would be best to approach one of the Certified Developers to produce a solution for you.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

From a Danish point of view, some here use it, but not all (and not the majority of bigger brands, I think).
I understand why you'd want it and I have it on my to-do to look into at some point as well, however it's no priority.
Some people are unwilling to let Google or Facebook know too much (well, at least willingly - I bet Google would answer those "security questions" like "name of first pet" and "sister's brother-in-laws uncle's nephew" about me better than I would), so I would want to ease up the general flow as much as possible before I venture into adding alternatives.
If I ever get around to it, I'll try and remember this thread to share what I find.

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide