PHP and CE-Phoenix-1.0.7.18

Ask the community for help and support.
madruga

PHP and CE-Phoenix-1.0.7.18

Post by madruga »

I have been using PHP7 and CE-Phoenix-1.0.7.18 for some time now and I'm very happy with it. So, I do not want to change anything or use a newer version as I've had lots done to it t suit my business... if it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

My question is will my version have any issues if I switch my PHP version from 7 to 8?

Thank you.

Tags:
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: PHP and CE-Phoenix-1.0.7.18

Post by burt »

The only way to find out would be to switch to PHP8. If it breaks something let us know what is broken.
And then revert to PHP7.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

1.0.7.18 and 1.0.8.0 are identical except for the version number. It seems to me that there were three minor problems with PHP 8 compatibility that were fixed in 1.0.8.1. Most of the necessary work had been handled prior to that as part of making the cart compatible with E_ALL error reporting. It's possible that the things done for 1.0.8.1 were only to remove deprecation notices. I simply don't recall at this point. That's why I fixed them, so I wouldn't have to worry about them anymore.

One of the certified developers could certainly help you with backporting any needed fixes to 1.0.7.18 or updating to the current version. The ozeworks team seems most interested in this kind of work. Or raiwa was the first developer to run CE Phoenix Cart on PHP 8, at least who reported problems (in particular, the three fixed for 1.0.8.1).
madruga

Post by madruga »

I just moved my store to a new host that gives me PHP versions 7.4 upwards. So I don't have to worry anymore about this.