Sorting Products Ascending

Ask the community for help and support.
bestmate

Sorting Products Ascending

Post by bestmate »

Hi All, please can someone tell me is there is a way in admin to set products to be listed in and ascending manner instead of descending? Any time I add a product, it shows up first when products are listed. I want to reverse this so products are listed by oldest first instead on the last.

I have the product listing addon but I believe this does not have anything to do with the default sorting in phoenix which shows the latest product first.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
tessthepup
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Sorting Products Ascending

Post by tessthepup »

bestmate wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:34 pm Hi All, please can someone tell me is there is a way in admin to set products to be listed in and ascending manner instead of descending? Any time I add a product, it shows up first when products are listed. I want to reverse this so products are listed by oldest first instead on the last.

I have the product listing addon but I believe this does not have anything to do with the default sorting in phoenix which shows the latest product first.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
@bestmate
Have you changed this in the product listing settings

Sort Option: Latest Added (0=disable; 1=enable)

edit, sorry ignore that it is not what you asked
bestmate

Post by bestmate »

@tessthepup No worries, thanks.

@burt Please can you help with this? If you could kindly point me to where I can amend the way the results for new products are ordered, I could try change the ordering format for the database query from DESC to ASC which I believe will sort out my issue.

Many thanks.
tessthepup
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by tessthepup »

@bestmate

I think you need to look in

includes/modules/content/index_products/cm_ip_product_listing.php

at '// We show them all'

I would copy the file and location into your override template first so you do not mess with the core.
bestmate

Post by bestmate »

tessthepup wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:22 pm
includes/modules/content/index_products/cm_ip_product_listing.php

at '// We show them all'

I would copy the file and location into your override template first so you do not mess with the core.

@tessthepup

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not quite sure what I expected to do as I don't see anything relating to sorting products in that file. Also, not sure what I should be copying to the ovveride template and where to copy to.

The file you mentioned above seems to relate to categories and manufacturers and I see only two instances of "ORDER BY" and they do not relate to new products. I'd thought I could just make a change somewhere from DESC to ASC but it seems that's not the case?
bestmate

Post by bestmate »

I got this resolves after tinkering around in three files. Everything sorts ascending now with the ?sort=1a appended to the three links in the three files. May not be pretty but I got my solution.