Best Place(s) to Inform Customers who's charging Their Card? Opinions Please.

Ask the community for help and support.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Best Place(s) to Inform Customers who's charging Their Card? Opinions Please.

Post by lecarlb »

Hello,

Sometimes we have a customer that file a dispute because they don't recognize the company that charged them on their statement. Then after a conversation the customers remember and withdraw the dispute. Oftentimes, the website's name doesn't match the company's name that charged the card because the website is a subsidiary of that company. Which may contribute to the dissociation.

With that being said, I think the best places to insert this information would be in order email, order status emails and maybe the checkout success page. Of course, I wouldn't want to overdo it but just enough to commit to memory.

What places do you guys suggest or currently use now?

Disputes, no matter how many or how big they are, can be counterproductive. They happen but the less, the better.

Thank you for reading.
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Best Place(s) to Inform Customers who's charging Their Card? Opinions Please.

Post by burt »

In the email for sure, and perhaps a message in the checkout_success.php page?

Maybe even in the checkout_payment.php page - to really enforce it, you could have a checkbox that disallows the buyer to move to checkout_confirmation unless they read and understand the Card Terms.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Best Place(s) to Inform Customers who's charging Their Card? Opinions Please.

Post by 14Steve14 »

Could you change the text in the final checkout and pay button to include the name there. Then back it all up with a change to the emails which would also mention the name of the business and the account they paid.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

burt wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:15 am In the email for sure, and perhaps a message in the checkout_success.php page?

Maybe even in the checkout_payment.php page - to really enforce it, you could have a checkbox that disallows the buyer to move to checkout_confirmation unless they read and understand the Card Terms.
Great ideas. Maybe place a note just under the card details box in checkout_payment.php page. Which will take an edit to the language file and shop file. Now the checkbox will take a pro.

Thanks @burt
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

14Steve14 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:46 am Could you change the text in the final checkout and pay button to include the name there. Then back it all up with a change to the emails which would also mention the name of the business and the account they paid.
@14Steve14 The pay button suggestion is interesting. What would the text on the pay button say? Or place text just under the pay button?

And we agree about the email. Maybe on the popup modal coded by Burt when the customer click the Finalize payment button.

Thanks
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

lecarlb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:33 pm
@14Steve14 The pay button suggestion is interesting. What would the text on the pay button say? Or place text just under the pay button?
Currently the button text is something like 'Finalise and pay (order total) for my order' which I may have changed I cant remember.

You could make it like 'Finalise and pay (Business name or Payee name)(order total)'. That would just be a quick change in a language file with no additional coding.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

14Steve14 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 pm
lecarlb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:33 pm
Currently the button text is something like 'Finalise and pay (order total) for my order' which I may have changed I cant remember.

You could make it like 'Finalise and pay (Business name or Payee name)(order total)'. That would just be a quick change in a language file with no additional coding.
That's a great idea. Thanks
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

lecarlb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:27 pm Now the checkbox will take a pro.
If you want to try out the language change first, revisit this idea after. Adding a checkbox might be a step too far, but if you did want to try it, it would be very like a checkbox Steve now has on his checkout_shipping page (that checkbox is for confirming that the selected delivery address is correct). You'd need something very similar but for the checkout_payment page;

[ ] I understand "XYZ Company" will show on my Card statement, for this order.

Or something like this. If the simple text changes don't help much, put that extra tickbox in place to make the customer really notice it.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

burt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:02 am
If you want to try out the language change first, revisit this idea after. Adding a checkbox might be a step too far, but if you did want to try it, it would be very like a checkbox Steve now has on his checkout_shipping page (that checkbox is for confirming that the selected delivery address is correct).
Gary created that little checkbox module for me and its great. So simple and I imagine could be modified to work on a different page.