2 questions - Where is the welcome guest message? can the add to cart be removed on certain items?

Ask the community for help and support.
PBR Streetgang

2 questions - Where is the welcome guest message? can the add to cart be removed on certain items?

Post by PBR Streetgang »

Version 1.0.8.20

I've used this path to change the 'Welcome Guest" message in the past.
includes/languages/english/modules/content/navigation/cm_alert.php
cm_alert.php is no longer in there. Now I see cm_navbar.php, and that's not the welcome guest message.
Or maybe there's a way to get to that and change it from my dashboard and I'm just not finding it.

Also, I'd like to remove the Add to Cart button on certain items so I can show them as examples only. Any way to do this?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: 2 questions - Where is the welcome guest message? can the add to cart be removed on certain items?

Post by heatherbell »

PBR Streetgang wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 pmchange the 'Welcome Guest" message
See User Guide - https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... hange_Text

includes/languages/english/modules/content/index/cm_i_customer_greeting.php
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: 2 questions - Where is the welcome guest message? can the add to cart be removed on certain items?

Post by heatherbell »

PBR Streetgang wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 pm Also, I'd like to remove the Add to Cart button on certain items so I can show them as examples only. Any way to do this?
It is not a native feature but it is possible, you'd have to code it or get it as an addon.
Omar_one
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Omar_one »

PBR Streetgang wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 pm Also, I'd like to remove the Add to Cart button on certain items so I can show them as examples only. Any way to do this?
you can use this module created by @raiwa
app.php/addons/paid_addon/no_stock_button/
make quantity of the items which you need to remove the Add to Cart button to zero, edit the No Stock button text to what you want

Br
Omar