Next up... products show in all categories instead of just the one I upload it to

Ask the community for help and support.
PBR Streetgang

Next up... products show in all categories instead of just the one I upload it to

Post by PBR Streetgang »

So my homepage shows 'New Products For June', and when I click a category it goes to /index.php?cPath=18 and 'New Products For June' is what I see again instead of what I've uploaded into that category.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Next up... products show in all categories instead of just the one I upload it to

Post by heatherbell »

Check that you have modules enabled to show categories and product listing.
E,g, Modules > Content > Product Listing in index_products
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Next up... products show in all categories instead of just the one I upload it to

Post by burt »

Taking the online demo, which probably looks more or less like what you have installed;

Index Page:
https://phoenixcart.org/demo/index.php

Clicking to a SubCategory [SC] will show EITHER products [in other words, the SC has no further SC's];

https://phoenixcart.org/demo/index.php?cPath=2

Or it will show further SC's along with a few products from those SC's;

https://phoenixcart.org/demo/index.php?cPath=1

Your wording in the post seems to read that you have maybe uninstalled the "sub category list" which is an index_nested module found at admin > modules > content - Without that module installed, the page would look as you describe (new products for month).

Note that a category or sub-cat or sub-sub-cat etc can contain ONLY further subcats OR products. Never both.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

To put it another way;

The "new products for <month>" on the index page shows products taken from all categories.

Whereas;

The "new products for <month>" on a category page shows only products from subcategories of that category.
PBR Streetgang

Post by PBR Streetgang »

Thank you for your help.
I set New products to false when I found that option. Don't really need that.
The sub category list and product listing are both installed and set true. I made sure my items are active too. NO products showing up.
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

Supply URL so that your shop can be seen as that may help diagnosis.
PBR Streetgang

Post by PBR Streetgang »

products1.jpg
divebombinc.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

Maybe a long shot, but have you tried removing the content->index_products->product_listing module and installing it again?
Also, are any errors logged? Just to make sure to try the obvious things.

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

A suggestion would be to esure that you have no orphan files from your previous website - particularly .htaccess.

Looking at this page:
divebombinc.com/index.php?cPath=16

Gives some source code as so;

<div class="col-sm-12 cm-i-customer-greeting">

Along with other cm-i-* modules.

These modules only show on index.php (unless you have made changes), so it could be that something is interfering with page loading. Put more simply, this

divebombinc.com/index.php?cPath=16
is actually showing this
divebombinc.com/index.php

In addition, other pages are non reactive [not showing, they actually error out], for example:

divebombinc.com/specials.php
divebombinc.com/products_new.php

So, you have a broken installation OR you have files from the previous "We had a website crash, but we restored customer data finally! Working on products now" website, OR there are database discrepancies from the "pre website crash" site compared to the "post website crash" site.
PBR Streetgang

Post by PBR Streetgang »

Thanks! I'll get on that when I finish painting.