Error trying to install

Ask the community for help and support.
DarioMartin

Re: Error trying to install

Post by DarioMartin »

heatherbell wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:48 am There is a breadcrumb module so maybe configure the home to go back to your main site but there are many ways it could be done.
Good morning and many thanks for the help so far. I am making progress; slowly. There is really only two things now that I am trying to change and just cannot see how to do it. The HTML I am guessing is injected in. On the top Navbar, where I have the "home" symbol, I want that to take me back to my main site, not the shopping cart - can that be changed? I cannot find how to change that.

The second thing is the customer greeting : It says "Welcome on the Emporium of the Enchanted Forest" - I'd like to change that to "Welcome to the Emporium ..." etc etc; is it possible to change that?

All other changes are purely style and I am using user.css to achieve this.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

DarioMartin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:01 am On the top Navbar, where I have the "home" symbol, I want that to take me back to my main site, not the shopping cart - can that be changed? I cannot find how to change that.
So that is a Navbar module - find file includes/modules/navbar/templates/tpl_nb_home.php and change the link there.
DarioMartin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:01 am
The second thing is the customer greeting : It says "Welcome on the Emporium of the Enchanted Forest" - I'd like to change that to "Welcome to the Emporium ..." etc etc; is it possible to change that?
So that is a Content Index module language - from admin go to Tools>Define Languages, find file modules/content/index/cm_i_title.php and change text there.
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

Thank you SO much - that is fantastic - I have successfully edited both those items and site is now displaying as I want and need

Thank you again
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

OK - so things going great - until I tried to retrieve existing PayPal credentials and receive the following error:

Deprecated: The tep_output_string_protected function has been deprecated. in /----/----/----/cart/ocadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 70
Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while.

I have created a Sandbox account and obtained both live and sandbox credentials buuuuuuuttttt .... not entirely sure on which fields accept which credentials. Am reading included documentation now, but that just seems to assume the Retrieve Credentials works.
Retrieve Sandbox credentials keeps trying to create a new account and doesn't recognise the created account.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

You should set display_errors to false. Your host may offer a way to do this site-wide. If not, add

Code: Select all

ini_set('display_errors', 0);
to your admin/includes/configure.php file. That will get rid of the
Deprecated: The tep_output_string_protected function has been deprecated. in
message while you're waiting for the next release.
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

The assistance I am receiving from you all is absolutely amazing - thank you so much. I am reading through the various setup steps, and I believe I am well on my way to going live. Still a few more tweaks.

One of those concerns category pictures. Can I have my Category pictures display at customer welcome / home screen instead of "new products added"? I'd be guessing there is a module somewhere, or a switch which tells Phoenix to do just that
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

DarioMartin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:03 pmCan I have my Category pictures display at customer welcome / home screen instead of "new products added"? I'd be guessing there is a module somewhere, or a switch which tells Phoenix to do just that
It is not a module that comes with Phoenix but there are Go Pro Supporters add-ons (that are given to Go Pro Supporters) that you can use to do that.
Otherwise you can use the Tools>Advert Manager to create Category Adverts and code an add-on yourself or pay a Certified Developer to code it for you.