Error in session.php on mobile devices

Ask the community for help and support.
DarioMartin

Error in session.php on mobile devices

Post by DarioMartin »

I have been starting to test my installation. Appears to work great on desktop using Chrome and Brave

On both iPhone and iPad though I get errors showing at top of page (which go away on refresh, but reappear if another function / button used) - see first photo.

On trying to add a product to my cart, site crashes - see second photo.

This does not happen on desktop; on mobile it happens with both Chrome and Safari browsers.
2C614EC6-6245-49E6-949F-A0D042801B6D.png
If you wish to see yourself, site is at https://www.emporium-enchantedforest.com/cart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Error in session.php on mobile devices

Post by ecartz »

Perhaps try turning off igbinary? https://github.com/igbinary/igbinary

You may have to refer this to your host. Previous bug report on this type of issue: https://github.com/igbinary/igbinary/issues/39
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

ecartz wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:15 am Perhaps try turning off igbinary? https://github.com/igbinary/igbinary

You may have to refer this to your host. Previous bug report on this type of issue: https://github.com/igbinary/igbinary/issues/39
I’ll query Hostica, but for now am I correct in thinking then that igbinary can be switched off in the sessions.php file by calling the standard serialize / unserialize i.e. is that the only place it is called?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

We do not call igbinary. If it is being used (and the warning message suggests that it is), then it is being used at the PHP level. I don't think that you can disable it by changing anything in the sessions.php file. Note that the message triggers on the session_start command.

It's possible that you might be able to disable it with an ini_set command. I would add that to the configure.php file. But I don't know how igbinary works. I just Googled the warning message and that's where it went.
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

ecartz wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:43 am We do not call igbinary. If it is being used (and the warning message suggests that it is), then it is being used at the PHP level. I don't think that you can disable it by changing anything in the sessions.php file. Note that the message triggers on the session_start command.

It's possible that you might be able to disable it with an ini_set command. I would add that to the configure.php file. But I don't know how igbinary works. I just Googled the warning message and that's where it went.
Feeling a bit like a ping pong ball here. Hostica disabled igbinary for my site, and now site crashes with:
Warning: session_start(): Cannot find serialization handler 'igbinary' - session startup failed in /home/emporium/public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 88

Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/emporium/public_html/cart/includes/system/segments/application/start_session.php on line 65

and I cannot access the Admin page as I get :

This page isn’t working
www.emporium-enchantedforest.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have cleared cookies, but to no avail. I have also tried three different browsers. They all crash / refuse to load ocadmin

As igbinary has been disabled, and session.php is still crashing, I have been referred back to you
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

Update. No more errors on either desktop or mobile. and I can access Admin again. YAYY!!

But now on mobile, the "Add to cart" button does nothing except take me to the shopping cart, where it says "your cart is empty"
This applies to mobile devices ONLY - desktop seems to work as it should

Any ideas?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

If igbinary has been disabled, then why is it getting "Cannot find serialization handler 'igbinary'"? They've clearly only half disabled it. And perhaps the wrong half.

If they get recalcitrant, you could try making a test page with just

Code: Select all

<?php
session_start();
and see if that triggers the same error.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

For your mobile problems, I would check cookies or the session ID.
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

Thank you - I think maybe they thought "oops" after me reporting those errors, because it started working again.
iPhone - you're right - of course, clear the cookies. I've just noticed that the page is a cached one, not reflecting changes I made today

I am deeply appreciative of all the help I have received here - thank you all so much. I am EXTREMELY glad I went CE Phoenix and I can guarantee if the Online side starts being busy, I WILL be Going Pro.

Awesome system, awesome support. Thank you