Other payment options not showing

Ask the community for help and support.
DarioMartin

Other payment options not showing

Post by DarioMartin »

I'm in the process of trying to write a simple Bank Transfer module (based on moneyorder.php) which will send the customer an email with Bank Details for transfer to occur.

To test flow and get an idea of what and where I need to change, I have installed the existing moneyorder in the payments module .... but it just doesn't show up on my payments screen. All I am getting are the two PayPal modules that I have selected (Express and Direct Payment)
Any ideas why other payment modules just won't show up?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Other payment options not showing

Post by heatherbell »

DarioMartin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:43 am To test flow and get an idea of what and where I need to change, I have installed the existing moneyorder in the payments module .... but it just doesn't show up on my payments screen.
Tested and works as expected on a clean 1.0.7.10 installation - maybe you have the Zone incorrectly configured or are testing with wrong Zone - just guessing.
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

heatherbell wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:24 am Tested and works as expected on a clean 1.0.7.10 installation - maybe you have the Zone incorrectly configured or are testing with wrong Zone - just guessing.
Zone. Thank you Heather. I had an "All countries" Tax zone set but of course when you put in a zone, Phoenix will only work for that zone and won't recognize "All Countries"

Right. Next question - I have the flow of the PHP file just about figured out, but instead of my Store address, I want to send Bank details. In "My Store", which is where STORE_NAME and STORE_ADDRESS come from I think, I would like to add two fields - IBAN and BANK_ADDRESS .... what drives the "My Store" Admin page .... and are those details stored in a database, necessitating the addition of two fields to a table .....?

Or to make life easier for myself, I COULD just hardcode those details into the corresponding files in the Language modules ...... Yesssss.... that might be the way to do it
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

DarioMartin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:09 pmthat might be the way to do it
That is the way to do it, that is the purpose of the module language file.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

DarioMartin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:09 pm what drives the "My Store" Admin page .... and are those details stored in a database, necessitating the addition of two fields to a table .....?
It's stored in the database (the configuration table), but not two fields. It would be two rows. Which configuration page displays it is determined by the configuration_group_id. E.g. 6 is hidden. My Store is probably 1 but double check before relying on that.

Note: I'm not saying that you shouldn't put it in the language file. I'm just answering a specific question from your post.
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

heatherbell wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:51 pm That is the way to do it, that is the purpose of the module language file.
Done. And ... IT WORKS!! Exactly as I want it to. I downloaded CodeLobster which made validating code, checking syntax and brackets etc so much easier.
Thanks once again for all your assistance
ecartz wrote: It's stored in the database (the configuration table), but not two fields. It would be two rows. Which configuration page displays it is determined by the configuration_group_id. E.g. 6 is hidden. My Store is probably 1 but double check before relying on that.

Note: I'm not saying that you shouldn't put it in the language file. I'm just answering a specific question from your post.
I thought that might be the case. DataBases can be funny things - especially to the fingers of a rank amateur. I have got the solution I need from the language module files, I think I'll let it be.

Heather, ecartz or Burt - would one of you be able to enlighten me as to if a "Continue Shopping" button is available as an option after customer puts something in their cart? At the moment, when I put into the cart, it takes me to the cart and I get options only to checkout or pay with PayPal express. It's annoying for a customer to then have to manually go back to the catalogue - a "Continue Shopping" button which takes them either back to main page or to where they were would be good. Possible? or big job?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

It seems to me that there's something like that floating around somewhere. Plus one of Burt's Pro code modules does an AJAX cart. And of course, you can configure it somewhere to redirect back to the original page rather than the Shopping Cart.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

DarioMartin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:23 pmIt's annoying for a customer to then have to manually go back to the catalogue
There are at least 2 links on the shopping_cart page that already go back to catalog i.e. index/home, the breadcrumb being the most obvious besides the category menu. Is that really annoying for customers? (Nearly 20 years experience informs me that it's not ;))
DarioMartin

Post by DarioMartin »

ecartz wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:51 pm It seems to me that there's something like that floating around somewhere. Plus one of Burt's Pro code modules does an AJAX cart. And of course, you can configure it somewhere to redirect back to the original page rather than the Shopping Cart.
Hi there - I had a good dig around last night in options - and various modules - trying to find where "Add to Cart" redirects to shopping cart, but couldn't find it. Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm happy to figure out what I need to do, I just need an idea of where to start looking
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

admin > Configuration > My Store > Display Cart After Adding Product