PayPal Setting

Ask the community for help and support.
isaack

PayPal Setting

Post by isaack »

I am currently in the process of setting up PayPal and I am not really getting any further here.
where do I get all the data from?
I only know the client ID and the secret code of the PayPal Rest API
or are these two enough? but where should you enter this then?
isaack

Re: PayPal Setting

Post by isaack »

and when I click on "Retrieve Live Credentials", I always get this message:
Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

isaack wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm and when I click on "Retrieve Live Credentials", I always get this message:
Could not initiate the start account procedure. Please try again in a short while.
Yes, that sometimes does not work so use the other "Manage API Credentials" button which does work.
All your Paypal Credentials needed will be in your Paypal account so look there.
isaack

Post by isaack »

thanks i have found this
fcollingwood

Post by fcollingwood »

heatherbell wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:03 pm
isaack wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm and when I click on "Retrieve Live Credentials", I always get this message:
Yes, that sometimes does not work so use the other "Manage API Credentials" button which does work.
All your Paypal Credentials needed will be in your Paypal account so look there.
I'm getting the same. It gets a little worse though, as even when I enter my credentials manually, I get the following message on the Balance page:

"Error: The PayPal balance could not be retrieved. Please try again."

I tried <my admin URL>/paypal.php?action=balance&subaction=retrieve&type=live and this does retrieve the correct balance for my account
fcollingwood

Post by fcollingwood »

Can anyone shed some light on this please?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

In admin > Tools > Server Info, if you press the Export button and scroll down to the bottom, what does the extensions say? Something like
extensions = Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, apache2handler, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, fileinfo, gettext, iconv, json, exif, mysqlnd, Phar, SimpleXML, sockets, tokenizer, xml, xmlwriter, zip, mysqli, xmlreader, Zend OPcache
But what does yours say?
fcollingwood

Post by fcollingwood »

Mine is as follows:

extensions = Core,date,libxml,openssl,pcre,zlib,filter,hash,pcntl,readline,Reflection,SPL,session,standard,cgi-fcgi,bcmath,calendar,ctype,curl,dom,ftp,gd,iconv,imap,json,mbstring,mysqlnd,PDO,Phar,posix,SimpleXML,sockets,sqlite3,tokenizer,xml,xmlwriter,xsl,mysqli,pdo_mysql,pdo_sqlite,wddx,xmlreader
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

The balance retrieval connects to a page in admin to get a JSON response. Have you tried going to that page directly? In Chrome or Firefox, you should be able to see the URL on the Network tab of developer tools.
fcollingwood

Post by fcollingwood »

I already tried that (in my original post):
I tried <my admin URL>/paypal.php?action=balance&subaction=retrieve&type=live and this does retrieve the correct balance for my account
I did find this: viewtopic.php?p=3822#p3822

But that doesn't fix it for me either