Page 1 of 2

New Spam Accounts

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2026 10:41 pm
by AsTecModels
I am getting lots of spam/junk accounts everyday.

Is there anyway or capture that can be done to prevent this?

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2026 7:42 am
by PiLLaO
recaptcha

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2026 8:05 am
by burt
Some shopowners find success with the Maths Captcha.

app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha

It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2026 9:23 am
by AsTecModels
PiLLaO wrote: ↑Wed Jun 03, 2026 7:42 amrecaptcha
Thank you, could not think what it was called, knew I was close but not right.
burt wrote: ↑Wed Jun 03, 2026 8:05 am Some shopowners find success with the Maths Captcha.

app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha

It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.
Will give it a try and report back.

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2026 5:05 pm
by AsTecModels
burt wrote: ↑Wed Jun 03, 2026 8:05 am Some shopowners find success with the Maths Captcha.

app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha

It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.
Works well on version 1.1.0.6

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2026 5:52 am
by MyGamesShop
Also add the Country/State add-on the drop down confusses them too: Re: S03e08 - Country / State Selector DOWNLOADS
Im not sure if its available outside the Pro downloads, maybe someone can answer that. errmmm Burt?

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:26 pm
by cerberus
Installed "Maths Recaptcha".

Just to let everyone know it works on Phoenix cart 1.1.0.7

I like the way it actually gives the answer to the maths question in the form box, I guess burt (I think it was burt that made the addon, if it was not burt, sorry) knows the state of the education system nowadays :)

And it saved me counting on my fingers to get the answer to test to see if it worked ok :)

I am not even ready to go into production yet, I even have a banner saying "Test Site Only, Do Not Buy" at the top of the page and I still got my first bit of spam, saying :

"I am looking for a trustworthy entrepreneur/individual to represent my company in sourcing some of Herbal oil basic raw materials used in the manufacturing of high-quality antiviral vaccines" etc

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:32 pm
by burt
Functionally, Yes - it should work as is. But pretty trivial to actually bypass if a spammer knows what he's doing.
Cosmetically, No - it will look funky as the layout does not match the other fields in the page.

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:09 pm
by cerberus
Yes, as you say it did look a bit funky,

But I managed to balance it a bit, before at lower screen resolutions the instruction text would break up and appear onto different lines and look really funky :)

So I removed the text and kept it simple and it looks a lot better at lesser screen resolutions now.

This is the code now for the instructions and the maths answer box.

const ENTRY_MATHS = 'Add :<br> %s+%s=';
const ENTRY_MATHS_TITLE = 'Answer is %s, enter it here';

I removed the gaps between the %s+%s= now that part will not break up at lesser screen resolutions.

I left a <br> in after the word "Add" to push the sum bit to the next line down as otherwise the send message button was too close to the maths answer input box (no gap and looked too squashed, and the maths bit jumped down anyway at lesser resolutions without the <br>)

This is how it looks now, and it holds that appearance until the resolution gets quite low, then the maths answer box jumps to a new line (see first image)

Still a bit funky, but ok :)

Now if their was a way to move the maths answer box down to the next line ? but saying that, it is ok as it is.

With a <br> in the code it looks like this :
Screenshot 2026-10-01 194756.png

And below is without <br> in the code :
Screenshot 2026-10-01 195346.png
So it can be made to be a little less funky :)

Re: New Spam Accounts

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:17 am
by 14Steve14
You may also need to change things like

Code: Select all

text-left text-sm-right
to

Code: Select all

text-start text-sm-end
There are a few things like this that differ in BS4 and BS5 and may make the page look broken if not changed.