Normal Phoenix Behavior?
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 8:59 am
Im not sure if this is normal behavior, or if I have slipped a rogue redirect in somewhere.
Ok the scenario is as follows:
A non logged in customer adds an item to their cart, and then selects "checkout" at the bottom of the shopping cart page.
This should take him to checkout_shipping.php but instead, as they are not logged in (and thus shipping area is unknown) they are re-directed to create_account.php.
I would have thought that the normal behavior would have been to take them to login.php where they could either login, create an account, or continue as a guest if something like PWA is installed.
Have I got a rogue redirect somewhere or is this native phoenix behavior?
Thank You
Ok the scenario is as follows:
A non logged in customer adds an item to their cart, and then selects "checkout" at the bottom of the shopping cart page.
This should take him to checkout_shipping.php but instead, as they are not logged in (and thus shipping area is unknown) they are re-directed to create_account.php.
I would have thought that the normal behavior would have been to take them to login.php where they could either login, create an account, or continue as a guest if something like PWA is installed.
Have I got a rogue redirect somewhere or is this native phoenix behavior?
Thank You