Page 1 of 1

Spanish Addon problem

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2026 3:37 am
by henrihousse
Hi, I’ve installed the Spanish language pack on my site. I followed the entire procedure, but the language isn't changing; it still appears in English. Can anyone help me out?
Thankyou

Re: Spanish Addon problem

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2026 11:50 am
by raiwa
If your browsers default language is English, yo may need to toggle manually to Spanish. For this install the language nav bar module.
Edit: you could also set Spanish as default language.

Re: Spanish Addon problem

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:06 am
by henrihousse
Unfortunately, my browser is indeed set to Spanish. Everything seems to be configured correctly, yet the site still won't switch the language to Spanish. I don't know what the problem is. I uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled it, but nothing—it still doesn't work.

Re: Spanish Addon problem

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 6:44 am
by raiwa
Hi @henrihousse ,

There are more detailed instructions available in the User Guide:
https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... _Languages

Please install also the navbar language module so you can force to switch to Spanish language.

Note also that the database driven texts like Products, Categories, Info Pages names and descriptions are not translated when you install Spanish.
You have to translate them manually in Admin.

Hope this helps
Rainer