Page 1 of 1
How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 7:49 pm
by cerberus
Hi all, me again
How can I change the colour of the text links in the catalogue pages ? see image.
I think I managed to work out how to change the colour (well what I did works, but dont know if it is correct).
But I cannot work out how to change the text link colour when you hover over the text link, so how do I do that ?
This is what I have used to change the link text colour :
a.stretched-link
{
font-size: 1.1rem;
color: green !important;
font-weight: bold;
}
But I cannot work out how to get the change colour when you hover over the link.
I have changed the link to green with the code I posted above, but the change colour when you hover over the link I cannot work out.
Screenshot 2026-09-14 204406.png
Re: How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 9:41 pm
by Dan Cole
This might be of help to you...
https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... _and_Color
Give the steps that are suggested there a try and post back where exactly the information is unclear or might need updating.
Dan
Re: How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 9:52 pm
by cerberus
Hi Dan,
I have been through that previously, thats how I managed to get the colour change for the text links, however I could not understand it enough on how to get the hover over the text link to change colour (as this is all very new to me).
Re: How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 11:53 pm
by Dan Cole
Have another read and perhaps ask your favourite AI app to explain how to make the change. If that fails let us know where that went off the rails or exactly what you don't understand and I'll do what I can to help. I'd be happy to help you learn to fish but you'll need to put the effort in.
Dan
Re: How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 3:22 am
by cerberus
I have tried to understand it, but I am not getting it, I have tried so many variations of what it might be but got nowhere, thats why I asked here.
And I dont have a favourite AI app, I dont use any AI at all.
But thank you anyway.
Re: How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:46 am
by BrockleyJohn
Have you tried
?
You can just use AI mode in google search to ask exactly what you want:
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... css&udm=50
Re: How can I change the colour of the text links ?
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 1:41 am
by cerberus
That got it, thank you.
I have been trying to use Firefox inspect, but it has far too much info, I was getting a little bit of a idea but I am sure it did not say anything about "hover", I was trying all sorts of things, going around and around in circles and getting nowhere. still I understand a little more now.
And in general I try to avoid Google stuff (not a fan of theirs at all), and not a fan of AI either (I suppose it has its good and bad points, maybe I have seen too many science fiction films, AI destroys all humans
Thank you again for that, you saved me a even bigger headache.