Add-Ons halted?

Ask the community for help and support.
Owl

Add-Ons halted?

Post by Owl »

Greetings,

Is it my impression or the "normal" publishing of Add-Ons is halted/dramaticly decreased? I have this "strange" feeling that Add-Ons are not being upgraded so offently as usual nor new ones... or are they being published somewhere else besides this forum?
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Add-Ons halted?

Post by Kofod95 »

Not that I have an answer, but just to chime in;
I think the current situation with OSC4 have made some people wait to see where to invest their time. At the same time, I think a lot of people are learning the benefit of the certified addons for Phoenix, and enjoy how easy it is not dealing with something that works and is supported. Besides, DIY has never been easier for a lot of common things, than it is now, and thus the need for uploading things have decreased. I mean, if you don't want to ask for the customers' gender, it's just a few clicks. Do you want additional info? Just copy a module and change a few words, and you even have the User-guide to help you :)

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Owl wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm or are they being published somewhere else besides this forum?
Add-ons can be downloaded and support for them can be found here on the forum - viewforum.php?f=11
There are more added every day.
There are also many Go Pro Supporters Add-ons provided for free to Phoenix Go Pro Supporters, Go Pro to become a Supporter here on the forum - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6
There are also Add-Ons available directly from Phoenix Cart Partners here on the forum - viewforum.php?f=26
cupidare
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by cupidare »

Is there a plan for a pool, where addons can be published? Or shall it be forum-based?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

cupidare wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:26 am Is there a plan for a pool, where addons can be published? Or shall it be forum-based?
Free add-ons can be uploaded by the community here on the forum - viewforum.php?f=11
See the Readme there - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

Owl wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm Greetings,

Is it my impression or the "normal" publishing of Add-Ons is halted/dramaticly decreased? I have this "strange" feeling that Add-Ons are not being upgraded so offently as usual nor new ones... or are they being published somewhere else besides this forum?
I feel the same. On the old forum people were doing their own thing updating addons to be used on the latest version, but very few people actually updated the addon. Hopefully that will change here, and people will help to improve what is available for others. I did mention it to a few people doing it, who said they would package it up, but never did.
Owl

Post by Owl »

admin wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:58 am
Owl wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm or are they being published somewhere else besides this forum?
There are more added every day.
Obviously we have a diferent definition of "every day".

So far, despite 2 or 3 language packs, only Raiwa posted his update add-ons. 14 Add-ons total since February.

Am I the only one "seeing things" here, or...
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

Owl wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:49 pm Am I the only one "seeing things" here, or...
I see a link to another free add-on posted here today - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=352&p=3388#p3388 - thanks to @zipurman
And another one here today - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=376&start=10#p3405 - thanks to @raiwa
You are welcome to code (or have coded) add-ons and upload them.
Without any "give", there can be no "take".
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

Do note that I have spend the last few days updating Supporters Codes addons. I have (so far) checked 53 addons to make sure they work in v1.0.8.0 and update them if they don't. I have about 15 more to go.

There is no `public face` to that as my addons don't get shared publicly as they have been, historically, what has helped to keep the project alive for the last 6 years.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.