Debugging / Address Book Issue

Ask the community for help and support.
donford

Debugging / Address Book Issue

Post by donford »

Is there a way to debug in Phoenix?

Having an issue with our address book and I noticed others with the same problem on the "old forum".

Essentially, users can not add, modify or delete new addresses.

We have v1.0.7.6
Installed PWA (Purchase Without Account)
JC Terms (Agree To Terms)
Google ReCaptcha
Discount / Coupon Codes

The original install was working fine, one or more of the above is probably the problem, but I'm not getting an error in the log or in the Message stack so I have no clue where to look. A debugging feature/option would be helpful if there is one.

Site: medcards.net/store
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Debugging / Address Book Issue

Post by burt »

donford wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:30 pm Essentially, users can not add, modify or delete new addresses.
Installed PWA (Purchase Without Account)
This addon would be the one I would look at first as this one affects customer registration and checkout etc.
It may very well NOT be this addon, but that is where I would start (by uninstalling it and seeing if things then work)..
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
puddlec
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by puddlec »

if general something was working, then stopped, you need to consider, have I changed anything, updated Phoenix, installed/updated a new addon removed something etc etc or has my host changed anything e.g. PHP version / MySQL version etc.

if you are saying it is since you installed a bunch of addons, then turn them off, check to see if it is working, and if it does, turn them on one by one, to work out which one is the problem child.

(note me and Burt were typing at the same time, so the answers are roughly the same, mine is more general advise)
Last edited by puddlec on Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

donford wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:30 pm Installed PWA (Purchase Without Account)
JC Terms (Agree To Terms)
Google ReCaptcha
I would start with the second add-on in this list. Or alternately, ask the others with the same problem what add-ons they have installed. All three in this list would interact with forms.

In general, JC add-ons are suspect because the original writer is no longer available to update it when it breaks. By contrast, you can ping Rainer to investigate the PwA add-on if you were to determine that it was the single difference. I'm also not clear on why you would install this add-on when the basic functionality is already in core.
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

PWA doesn't interfere when a new address is added in the address book or checkout new address pages.
It uses it's own new account pwa page, which is the only page where it interferes in the sense of customer data.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
donford

Post by donford »

Thank you all for the response. Still on the struggle bus here.

So far I removed JCM Terms and Uninstalled modules relating to Purchase Without Account having no luck.

*JCM Terms was only installed because it came with the Google Captcha, figured out how to remove just the terms part as pointed out by ecartz it wasn't needed.

I have found something that is interesting. When you go to signup for a new account or add a new address the field "State/Province" is a text field. However, after you try and submit a new entry or address it turns into a Dropdown field with a list of States/Provinces. I'm not sure if that is related and or if it is causing the problem or something different altogether. I can say it is inconsistent at least.

medcards.net/store
For testing purposes, you can see the issue
log: bobsmith@yahoo2.com
ps: open4me
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

donford wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:01 pm When you go to signup for a new account or add a new address the field "State/Province" is a text field. However, after you try and submit a new entry or address it turns into a Dropdown field with a list of States/Provinces.
That's just how it works.

When you initially enter it, it doesn't know what country you are in. So it lets you type the state. If you edit or have to fix an error, it knows the country and shows you just the selections for that country.

One of the supporters' code add-ons changes that behavior by allowing you to select the country first and then uses Javascript to show just the selections for that choice.
donford

Post by donford »

Okay, thank you that clears up that.

Not sure what to do next in regards to the issue with the address book not working.
bobacat

Post by bobacat »

I was having a similar problem, and it relates back to form verification hook. I have not yet debugged what add-on broke the verification process, but to get around this issue for my customers, in the address_book_process.php file, comment out this line (mine was at line 37):

$OSCOM_Hooks->call('siteWide', 'injectFormVerify');

to

// $OSCOM_Hooks->call('siteWide', 'injectFormVerify');

Like I said, this will fix the immediate issue you are having. I will continue to look at the verify hook to see what else is going on.
donford

Post by donford »

bobacat wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:33 pm I was having a similar problem, and it relates back to form verification hook. I have not yet debugged what add-on broke the verification process, but to get around this issue for my customers, in the address_book_process.php file, comment out this line (mine was at line 37):

$OSCOM_Hooks->call('siteWide', 'injectFormVerify');

to

// $OSCOM_Hooks->call('siteWide', 'injectFormVerify');

Like I said, this will fix the immediate issue you are having. I will continue to look at the verify hook to see what else is going on.
You are 100% correct that was also my issue. Just committed that out and the address book is back to working correctly. This has to be related to one of the few addons I listed above, my bet is on the JCM AgreeToTerms and Captcha I rolled back part of it to remove the Terms but the Captcha part is/was still needed. In the meantime this is working, not sure completely at what cost though having removed a form verification function seems a bit dangerous, though it is relegated to the address book page, still.

Thanks for the tip very much appreciated!