v1.0.8.1 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Ask the community for help and support.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: v1.0.8.1 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Post by ecartz »

The "max key length is 1000 bytes" means that your tables are MyISAM rather than InnoDB. https://dba.stackexchange.com/a/142285

"Call to a member function real_escape_string() on array" suggests a conflict with an add-on somewhere.

Tags:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I had similar problems when trying the 1.0.8.1 version off github.
Most of us are using older versions of PHP, MySQL etc. and 1.0.8.1 is using newer versions which is causing issues.
Using newer international character sets that require more bytes per character is part of the problem.
vmn

Post by vmn »

Clean installation: looks like some png images needed in admin are missing from catalog/images:

CE-Phoenix.png
CE-Phoenix-30-30.png
icon_phoenix.png
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

Nigel wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 am Most of us are using older versions of PHP, MySQL etc.
I do not know if that is a fact although I do not know a data source to be able to ascertain that.
Nigel wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 amand 1.0.8.1 is using newer versions which is causing issues.
I do not think there has been any changes specifically in 1.0.8.1 in that respect.
I had been testing 1.0.8.1 on one of our hosts that is still on php 7.1 (although 8.0 is now available) and MySQL 5.7.33 without associated issues.
vmn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:20 am Clean installation: looks like some png images needed in admin are missing from catalog/images:
CE-Phoenix.png
CE-Phoenix-30-30.png
icon_phoenix.png
I see those in admin/images/
https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Phoen ... min/images
vmn

Post by vmn »

"I see those in admin/images/" (is there a way to quote persons and previous texts, as in the old forum?)

Yes, they are there. But in 1.0.8.1 all images are prefixed with DIR_FS_CATALOG in
includes/system/versioned/1.0.8.1/image.php

This leads to another problem. No product images are visible in admin categories.
The image string is already prefixed by DIR_FS_CATALOG in categories.php.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

heatherbell wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:29 am I do not think there has been any changes specifically in 1.0.8.1 in that respect.
I had been testing 1.0.8.1 on one of our hosts that is still on php 7.1 (although 8.0 is now available) and MySQL 5.7.33 without associated issues.
Prior to 1.0.8.1, MySQL versions older than 5.7 would have worked. I don't think that 1.0.8.1 changed the PHP requirements, which have been PHP 7 and newer for some time.

Note that MySQL 5.7 (MariaDB 10.2) and PHP 7.3 are the oldest versions that get security updates. While we still support PHP 7 as far as I know, PHP doesn't.

To support older versions of MySQL, one could go through and change the following columns to VARCHAR(191):

administrators.username
configuration.configuration_key
pages.slug

And change the index for customers.email_address to

Code: Select all

UNIQUE KEY uq_customers_email_address (customers_email_address(191))
One could also change the indexes rather than the columns for the others as well. But for the email address, there may actually be reasons for it to be 255 and having the uniqueness enforced on a prefix is more likely to work.

For the problem that Owl is having with MyISAM, if switching to InnoDB is not feasible, the same change except 250 instead of 191 would probably work. It's barely possible that it needs to be 249 instead. However, I think that switching from MyISAM to InnoDB would be better.
Last edited by ecartz on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owl

Post by Owl »

ecartz wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:15 am The "max key length is 1000 bytes" means that your tables are MyISAM rather than InnoDB. https://dba.stackexchange.com/a/142285

"Call to a member function real_escape_string() on array" suggests a conflict with an add-on somewhere.
Well... its the install package from github if you want to take a look and fix it. Its not a good thing for someone new that wants to try it.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

vmn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 am "I see those in admin/images/" (is there a way to quote persons and previous texts, as in the old forum?)
It's the quotation mark button. Upper right of the post.

I'll fix the admin images when the default image is turned on. For the ones using tep_image,

Code: Select all

function tep_image($src, $alt = '', $width = '', $height = '', $parameters = '', $responsive = true, $bootstrap_css = '') {
    $image = new Image($src, phoenix_normalize($parameters));
    $image->set_prefix(DIR_FS_ADMIN);
The last line would be new. The first two lines are unchanged. In admin/includes/functions/html_output.php
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

vmn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 am Yes, they are there. But in 1.0.8.1 all images are prefixed with DIR_FS_CATALOG in
includes/system/versioned/1.0.8.1/image.php

This leads to another problem. No product images are visible in admin categories.
The image string is already prefixed by DIR_FS_CATALOG in categories.php.
I have only tested a clean install which shows images as expected.
vmn

Post by vmn »

I'll fix the admin images when the default image is turned on. For the ones using tep_image
Menu images are visible now after the fix, which is not good for admin categories.
I have only tested a clean install which shows images as expected.
The problem only seems to occur when DEFAULT_IMAGE is set.