Sessions table

Ask the community for help and support.
alix32

Sessions table

Post by alix32 »

Hi - my sessions table is filling up quite quickly. While I do have sufficient space to carry on for a while, what would be the impact to wiping out some of that stored data? Returning visitors who had items to their cart may not see their "carted" items any more? Trying to size the impact before I do anything bad

Thanks!
Current Phoenix Version in prod: 1.0.7.6
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Sessions table

Post by ecartz »

By default, all sessions that are older than maxlifetime are supposed to get cleared whenever the garbage collector runs. See https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Phoen ... ns.php#L45

If the garbage collector settings from php.ini are not working correctly, it should be harmless to run

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM sessions WHERE expiry < NOW() - INTERVAL 1 WEEK
in phpMyAdmin or wherever. This is supposed to happen on some regular basis. It shouldn't affect returning visitors, as they should get new session IDs regardless. The problematic deletion would be visitors who currently have their browser open. Hopefully there aren't that many visitors who have their browser open for more than a week between visits.

Because the database date and the server date may be different, I don't know that it would be a good idea to set the interval to less than 3 DAY. 1 WEEK or 1 MONTH or 1 YEAR should be fine. You might try starting with the longest interval and seeing how much that helps. You can then decrease down step-by-step to a week if not.
Omar_one
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Sessions table

Post by Omar_one »

there is add-on (Session Expiration Control) made for older version of Community Bootstrap Edition (BS Edge) by Demitry , to allows the store owner to manage their admin panel's session expiration, as well as the customer's session expiration via Admin>Configuration>Sessions.

I didn't test on Phoenix also it's need some core change,,