PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Phoenix Upgrader Tool

Post by zipurman »

Well, after a bunch of work, I have an upgrader tool for Phoenix created:
app.php/addons/free_addon/ce_phoenix_upgrader_utility/

This tool will do the following:
  • Scans your current install for core changes
  • Moves you through each upgrade to 1.0.8.1 and warns you of any conflicts it spots
  • Does not require any copy/paste, upload/download of updates etc. Simple, simple, simple.
Make sure you backup before upgrading!

Let me know some feedback if you choose to use the utility.

Cheers

Zip
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------
Happy to help where I can ;)

https://phoenixaddons.com
https://www.youtube.com/zipurman/ ** PHOENIX HOW-TO VIDEOS **

Tags:
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Phoenix Upgrader Tool

Post by Kofod95 »

Sounds good and useful!
I will try it out and let you know if I'm too stupid to use it ;)

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

I finally made some time to give this a go. I found the worst imaginable example to test it - some Frankenstore started at 1.0.4.0, with a ton of core-changes and a "cheaty" version.php on PHP 8.0.3. That was too much for the tool, which failed to compare core and thus not checking that step. Step 10 could be reached by changing the URL, but it naturally failed.

I decided to be more reasonable, and changed the version to match the actual version (sort of 1.0.4.0).
On step 8, I got this error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Undefined variable $dir_handle in C:\Users\Primdahl\Desktop\Xampp\htdocs\vinspeci\upgrader\inc\functions\functions.php on line 534
It worked anyway, though giving errors on step 11 (The same one a couple of times):

Code: Select all

Warning
: mkdir(): No such file or directory in
C:\Users\Primdahl\Desktop\Xampp\htdocs\vinspeci\upgrader\inc\functions\functions.php
on line
A very nice tool, and a great help! As long as you don't do your best to break it, it seems to work flawlessly. However, the "cheated" version.php made it very difficult for the tool to work, but who would ever do something like that?

//Daniel
revamp

Post by revamp »

Keep on the good work Preston 👍
zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by zipurman »

Kofod95 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:37 am Step 10 could be reached by changing the URL, but it naturally failed.
Creative, but not recommended. Each step advances the config settings and jumping steps could result in unexpected issues and errors. Glad it worked ;)
Kofod95 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:37 am On step 8, I got this error: Undefined variable $dir_handle
That error was fixed the last version release. It can be ignored anyway ;)

Kofod95 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:37 am It worked anyway, though giving errors on step 11 : mkdir(): No such file or directory in functions.php (728)
This might be related to the skipping of steps. Looking at the code, that call to mkdir relies on the file structure being confirmed in earlier steps.
Kofod95 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:37 am A very nice tool, and a great help!
Thanks. A tool like this was needed for sure as upgrading can be a real pain if upgrading multiple versions. I am glad to see it works on Windows as well since I only tested on linux.
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------
Happy to help where I can ;)

https://phoenixaddons.com
https://www.youtube.com/zipurman/ ** PHOENIX HOW-TO VIDEOS **
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

zipurman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm Creative, but not recommended.
That was indeed also to make sure I had broken it / been as stupid as possible before trying anything else. After this, I removed the upgrader entirely, made the Frankenshop more reasonable, and then reinstalled the upgrader. I promised to see if I was to stupid, so I gave it almost all the stupidity I could find within myself ;)
zipurman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm That error was fixed the last version release.
Oops, sorry - I should have made sure I was on the latest version.. :roll:
zipurman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm This might be related to the skipping of steps. Looking at the code, that call to mkdir relies on the file structure being confirmed in earlier steps.
Unfortuneately not - as mentioned earlier in this post, I removed it entirely after being creative before going for a more likely situation. However, it often seemed to have problems with the core-compare; maybe due to a lot of new files and core-changes? I'm not sure how many there are, but I'm guessing we are way above 100 non-(standard)-core-files. I will try the newer version on a fresh install of one version, to see gode everything should look, and then take notes of any eventual differences in this case and let you know!
zipurman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm Thanks. A tool like this was needed for sure as upgrading can be a real pain if upgrading multiple versions.
You really did a great job with it! I got my monstrousity from 1.0.4.0-ish to 1.0.7.0 in a few minutes, and I was surprised how fast I had everything working again addon and core-change-wise!

//Daniel