Losing cart content help?

Ask the community for help and support.
plamastus
VIP Member
VIP Member

Losing cart content help?

Post by plamastus »

Hi,

All of the sudden my cart content is gone when I log off and log back in. Could someone guide on what to look for? Maybe I turned something off?
patrick
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Losing cart content help?

Post by ecartz »

It's supposed to load the cart data from customers_basket when you log back in. Either that's broken or it's not saving to customers_basket in the first place. Both those things happen in the shoppingCart class. The restoration is initiated by a database hook on login.

If you check in phpMyAdmin, you should be able to see whether or not your customer ID has products in customers_basket before you log in. Try logging in and see what happens. Does it still have products in customers_basket if it did previously? Try adding a product if it doesn't have anything. Does it appear in customers_basket?
plamastus
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by plamastus »

I tried it in Windows on 3 different browsers and the Cart contents is there. I then switch to my Linux system and the cart content is not there on 2 different browsers, even after rebooting the Linux system. May be is not a problem...If someone would like to test it for me the website is https://geishacoffee.com add a couple of coffees...Thanks for the help.

This group has been of great help.
patrick
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

plamastus wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:19 pmIf someone would like to test it for me the website is https://geishacoffee.com add a couple of coffees...Thanks for the help.
Created account - added to cart - signed out - signed in again - cart contents still there - works as expected.
plamastus
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by plamastus »

Created account - added to cart - signed out - signed in again - cart contents still there - works as expected.
It must be my Linux browsers cache or cookies who knows...Thank you for taking your time to do this!!!
patrick