Customer unable to login

Ask the community for help and support.
fcollingwood

Customer unable to login

Post by fcollingwood »

My store is not yet active, but I have created a dummy customer for testing.

This is what happened:
1. As a guest, added an item to the cart
2. Clicked checkout - was taken to login screen (At this stage there were NO registered customers)
3. Clicked the continue button to sign up as a new customer
4. Went through the sign up process.
5. When I click the final continue button, it takes me back to the home page, with the "welcome GUEST" message.
6. If I try to log in, I just get returned to the login page.

I also don't receive any welcome email, and if I try to reset the password, I get no emailed reset link. I know these are not being eaten by any spam filter, as I have full control
over my email server.
zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Re: Customer unable to login

Post by zipurman »

You may want to confirm that the cookie path and cookie domain are correct in the /includes/configure.php file which would affect the ability to login.
My store is not yet active,
Is it running on a server that you have confirmed has access to the internet & DNS to route the emails? You could check the web server /var/log/maillog and/or /var/log/messages if you have access.

You could also check the Admin - Configuration - My Store - Email address. If it is correct, make sure the SPF record for that domain allows sending from the server IP address to avoid delivery problems.
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------
Happy to help where I can ;)

https://phoenixaddons.com
https://www.youtube.com/zipurman/ ** PHOENIX HOW-TO VIDEOS **
fcollingwood

Post by fcollingwood »

zipurman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:26 am You may want to confirm that the cookie path and cookie domain are correct in the /includes/configure.php file which would affect the ability to login.
There is no cookie path option. The cookie domain is set and correct
zipurman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:26 am
My store is not yet active,
Is it running on a server that you have confirmed has access to the internet & DNS to route the emails? You could check the web server /var/log/maillog and/or /var/log/messages if you have access.
It is running on my server which already hosts older OSCommerce sites. There is nothing in the logs.
zipurman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:26 am You could also check the Admin - Configuration - My Store - Email address. If it is correct, make sure the SPF record for that domain allows sending from the server IP address to avoid delivery problems.
All is correct
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

fcollingwood wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:18 pm 5. When I click the final continue button, it takes me back to the home page, with the "welcome GUEST" message.
Tested on a clean install and at that stage is redirect to create_account_success so I guess the account is not being created in your case but cannot guess why not.
zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by zipurman »

fcollingwood wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 am There is no cookie path option. The cookie domain is set and correct
There is actually a cookie path option:

Code: Select all

const COOKIE_OPTIONS = [
    'lifetime' => 0,
    'domain' => 'www.yourdomain.com',
    'path' => '/',
    'samesite' => 'Lax',
  ];

fcollingwood wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 am It is running on my server which already hosts older OSCommerce sites. There is nothing in the logs.
Nothing in the message and mail logs would suggest the emails are not being sent at all. Have you checked Admin - Modules - Notifications to make sure any email messages are enabled where required?
fcollingwood wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 am All is correct
:roll:
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------

zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by zipurman »

@fcollingwood

Are you able to add products etc in the admin? Just making sure it is not a mySQL permission issue? Could be so many things. I guess do some more testing and see if anything else isnt working.

What version of PHP and MYSQL are you using?
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------

Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

I had a sort of similar issue, where it was caused by 'Dynamic Case'. My host would not turn it off, so I had to use .htaccess - just to offer whatever I might have of useful info.

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

Kofod95 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:37 am I had a sort of similar issue, where it was caused by 'Dynamic Case'. My host would not turn it off, so I had to use .htaccess - just to offer whatever I might have of useful info.
I don't know what "Dynamic Case" is, so I suspect the OP doesn't either. I tried searching, but the results are mostly about a business system called dynamic case management. It may be that the Danish phrase you are translating as "Dynamic Case" would be better translated as something else. Perhaps post what you did with .htaccess? That code may translate better than terminology.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

Dynamic Case is something that my host (I think they are an American Company, so no Danish) suddenly had, after switching out cPanel for something modern. It caused a lot of problems, and the only way to stop it (according to their support) was to disable cache in .htaccess.
I don't expect OP to have the exact same problem, but thought I might as well share what I did:

Code: Select all

Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, private"
Sorry for being too vague with my first reply, I hope I did better with this one :)

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
fcollingwood

Post by fcollingwood »

I have email notifications set up correctly.

The strange thing is that it only seems to happen in Chrome. Safari, Chromium and Firefox are fine. It's really weird in that I can create an account in Chrome, and that works, but as soon as the account is created, I'm returned to "Guest. All other functions seem to work OK.

I'll try creating an account on one of the other browsers to check if notification emails are sent out and report back..