Best way to connect my Phoenix sites to each other?

Ask the community for help and support.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Best way to connect my Phoenix sites to each other?

Post by lecarlb »

Hello,

I want to know any best practices that will connect my Phoenix sites to each other in a seamless manner. I would like for it to be in the header but not break the design or anything.

Maybe make a navbar module? If you have done this or have any suggestions please share. Thanks in advance
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Best way to connect my Phoenix sites to each other?

Post by ecartz »

What does connecting your Phoenix sites to each other mean?

Are you saying you want a link in the header from each site to the other? Or something else? For example, do you want to share sessions? Accounts? Catalog data?

If you just want a link, a navbar module will work so long as you are satisfied to have the link in the navbar.

A header content module would also work. Under some circumstances, it might make sense to have it replace the logo module. Exactly which implementation you choose would be dependent on how you want the design to look. For example, if you want it in the navbar, then a a navbar module would be the way to go. If you want it integrated with the logo of the site, replace the logo module. If you want it somewhere else in the header, then perhaps a header content module.

If you want more connection than just a link, that would add more complexity.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Best way to connect my Phoenix sites to each other?

Post by lecarlb »

If you just want a link, a navbar module will work so long as you are satisfied to have the link in the navbar
Yes that is exactly what I want. I was looking for best practices. I just hope I don't run into any problems with external linking.