Things I need in the new version

Ask the community for help and support.
beppe34

Things I need in the new version

Post by beppe34 »

Hi
I am a long time user of oscommerce and I am using a "home brew version" of it.
The things I have implemented in my current version I must convert before changing system, otherwise my staff will hit me with something hard!

Besides E-Commerce I am having an actual store and are using oscommerce as the backend for both.
Whe use MANY pictures for our products and there are a lot of adding/deleting changing products.

Maybe there already exists some addons for the features I am needing or maybe there is some better ways of doing things.

Here is a list of things done in my current version that I see as essentials:

- GTIN (EAN) Code in attributes
Since I am using something similar to QT-Pro and have stocktrack on attributes (colors and sizes) i need this.
I am printing price-tags with barcodes and attribute info printed on them.

- NewProducts are added with a following features:
- GTIN are generated.
- Pictures are dragged and dropped from files system, multiple at one time. ( using Dropzone )
- Pictures are cropped and resized before uploaded ( and even sorted so a specific image are stored i products table)
- SEO text:s are generated
- A category tree with "tick" boxes to place the new product in categories
- Attributes are added (and even created) with at comma separated list - this feature is HUGE!

- Categories with sortorder < 0 are not showing on frontend
Used to configure a category before "publish" it and its easy to hide categories from customers

- An extended product-search-list with multiple configurable search/filter criterias that list products.
The product list shows products with following features ( this is the page my staff uses the most):
- Editable Inputbox for stock quantity ( both for attributes and if product dont have attributes for products_stock)
- Tick box to set products_status
- Button to print price-tags ( we are using several label printers )
- Editable Inputbox to set special price for each product (both amount or %)
- Links to the products frontpage, editpage, relatedproduct page e t c.
The search-list page also have:
- Inputbox for setting specials to all in specified categories.
- Inputbox for setting specials to comma separated list of products id:s or GTIN:s

- An API that are used by our POS to adjust stock when selling in store.
( I will implement this with MQTT in the new version )

- An Invetory page that staff can scan-pricetags and store current-invetory. When invetory is done there is an option to update current stock with the scanned information.

- Several custom reports

- A Singlepage checkout using swedish payment handlers Klarna, Swish and "pay in store"

- Shipment module for DHL,

... and probably hundreds of other small stuff.

I will start implement some of this now but are happy if anyone have feedback on the features above.

I am happy to share my implementations if anyone are intressted - maybe make som addons of some.

/Beppe
Long time oscommerce user in transit to phoenix_cart
Are there more Swedish users out there - get in touch!
beppe34

Re: Things I need in the new version

Post by beppe34 »

- Products images in separate location is a good thing! Separate system-graphic from catalog-graphic.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Do you have a till etc. / pos linked to it ?
That's an interesting option.
beppe34

Post by beppe34 »

Nigel wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:13 pm Do you have a till etc. / pos linked to it ?
That's an interesting option.
It is linked in the way that the POS( till ) is calling a API that is increasing/decreasing stock for product sold or recieved in the store.

I will create an very simple API in my Phoenix Cart instance using MQTT protocol. (I use this protocol in other projects)
The POS will send a message to Phoenix api and the stock is updated.

My Phoenix Cart instance will call other api:s to print labels on LabelPrinters in the store and in the back office.

Also in the pipeline of TODO:s I will use API:s with DHL (shipment handler in Europe) to register shipments and print shipment labels.

Interfacing of the Phoenix Cart for now would be:
- POS ( till )
- Label Printing
- Shipment handling with label printing
- Payment brokers