VIP Member

Re: Payment by PayPal

Post by Xpajun »

Xpajun wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:57 pm
ecartz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:40 pm
Your impression is incorrect.

Well that's answered that query :D
ecartz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:29 am

I don't see how expanding the IPN senders could cause this problem.

What it could cause would be for payments to come through PayPal that never appear in the store. It would still create the preparing order and never leave. Then looking at PayPal should show transactions for those orders. But that's not what's happening here. Here, the order is appearing in the store but the payment is never showing up in PayPal.

IPNs would keep the store from being updated to match PayPal. But what's here is payments not being made. The question is if there is more of those now than had been appearing previously.
And that has sorted another question I was about to ask

Thank you Matt
Current Store is now running 1.0.7.5 - php 7.3.24
Now working on 1.0.8.19 - php 7.3.24
Xpajun
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Payment by PayPal

Post by Xpajun »

ecartz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Now as to why it might be happening more frequently now than previously, I see four possibilities:

1. Something is broken and keeping people from finishing their payments.
2. PayPal changed something that keeps people from returning to your site and deleting their incomplete orders.
3. Fake accounts are registering and purchasing without finishing.
4. More people are choosing to stop part way through.

The first two would require technical action to fix -- exactly what would need diagnosed. The third is annoying but not really harmful. The fourth would require more diagnostics to determine why it is so.
I've had at least 3 occasions where Preparing[PayPal Standard] has been flagged and customers have come back to pay one by card the other 2 by PayPal one of which had 2 attempts to Pay - which make me ask has it become more difficult to pay with PayPal?
Current Store is now running 1.0.7.5 - php 7.3.24
Now working on 1.0.8.19 - php 7.3.24