1.0.5.1 update

Ask the community for help and support.
ronc

1.0.5.1 update

Post by ronc »

Hey I know this is very late; but the 1.0.5.1 update keeps giving me grief. Currently on 1.0.5.0. After following all of the steps (even down to running sql queries one at a time) after finished I have front end issues.
Backend seems to work fine in every aspect. Front end can bring up store and everything looks good; but when you try to go to a category or a product it just returns a blank page. There are no error messages just plain white. I have tried the update multiple times.
The site is unaltered 1.0.5.0. The only addition is Honeypot, which does not affect any item pages. I have also tried removing the honeypot and then doing the upgrade. Still there is no change.

Any ideas.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: 1.0.5.1 update

Post by Kofod95 »

Have you tried this tool: app.php/addons/free_addon/ce_phoenix_upgrader_utility/ ?

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
ReneH4

Post by ReneH4 »

A blank page is caused by an error, which should be visible in the Error-log.
ronc

Post by ronc »

These errors appear over and over after upgrades:

[24-Apr-2021 21:17:28] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_BOXES_BEST_SELLERS_MAX_DISPLAY - assumed 'MODULE_BOXES_BEST_SELLERS_MAX_DISPLAY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in .../catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_best_sellers.php on line 29
[24-Apr-2021 21:17:29] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function do_magic_quotes_gpc() in .../catalog/includes/application_top.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 .../catalog/address_book.php(13): require()
#1 {main}
thrown in .../catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 107
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

ronc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:27 am[24-Apr-2021 21:17:29] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function do_magic_quotes_gpc() in .../catalog/includes/application_top.php:107
This would be it. Fatal error in a file that runs before any output is produced: white screen.

Turn off Search Engine Friendly URLs and it will go away.
ronc

Post by ronc »

That seems to have fixed it. Thank you. I do not see the difference in the URL, what is the benefit / purpose of this option?
ronc

Post by ronc »

nvm I see it was deprecated shortly after
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

ronc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:00 pm what is the benefit / purpose of this option?
There is no benefit.

It makes a /product_info.php?products_id=1 URL look like /product_info.php/products_id/1

There was a brief moment in the history of the internet where search engines could not tell that /product_info.php?products_id=1 and /product_info.php?products_id=2 were different pages. But that was more than fifteen years ago. It's been utterly useless for at least that long. Particularly as it confuses the newer things that understand the regular stuff. It was experimental fifteen to twenty years ago and never finished (since search engines improved). Which is why it was removed rather than fixed.
ronc

Post by ronc »

Ok so turning off search engine safe urls fixed that problem and I have been able to upgrade all the way to 1.0.7.5. The error log seems to have a lot of errors; but the site seems to run fine. Anyone willing to look at the log for some fun?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

ronc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:27 am [24-Apr-2021 21:17:28] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_BOXES_BEST_SELLERS_MAX_DISPLAY - assumed 'MODULE_BOXES_BEST_SELLERS_MAX_DISPLAY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in .../catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_best_sellers.php on line 29
If you are still getting this, try turning the Best Sellers box off in admin > Modules > Boxes. You can then turn it back on if you want. In general, during updates you will see instructions about turning modules off, then uploading the files, then turning the modules back on. If you do this in the wrong order or skip it, you can get messages like this.

It's also conceivable that the update instructions are wrong.