Error 504 in the logs during database install step of fresh install 1.0.8.2

Ask the community for help and support.
stevang

Error 504 in the logs during database install step of fresh install 1.0.8.2

Post by stevang »

Hey,

any idea why the install database step ends with an timeout after 60 seconds (in the logs, the install page does not show any error but does not continue either)? i mean for 22kb sample data it should not take 60sec to return from the database job, right?

I am using a PhoenixCart Download of today April 27th
Phoenix v1.0.8.2 Installation
The checkups on the first install page are all marked with a green thumbs up.
PHP 7.3.27

it also looks like the database has been filled with tables and data.

Code: Select all

2021-04-27 17:49:57					(70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50416] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling), referer: https://xxxxxxxxxxxx.xx/install/install.php
2021-04-27 17:48:57	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx	
504	GET /install/rpc.php?action=dbImport&server=localhost&username=name_db2&password=xxxxxxxx&name=dbname_db2&importsample=1 HTTP/2.0
2021-04-27 17:48:57	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx	
200	GET /install/rpc.php?action=dbCheck&server=localhost&username=name_db2&password=xxxxxxxx&name=dbname_db2 HTTP/2.0
Regards,
Stephan
stevang

Re: Error 504 in the logs during database install step of fresh install 1.0.8.2

Post by stevang »

Ok, so.. Problem is not solved. i just called the next install-step by https://xxxxxxxx.xx/install/install.php?step=2
and after install process was done.. edited in the database info into both configure.php and ran the sql file via my database tool manually.

The installer is not working for me (the database part).
Last edited by stevang on Wed May 05, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

stevang wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:34 am Ok, so.. Problem is not solved.
Just guessing but is it anything to do with this?
https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Phoen ... quirements
stevang

Post by stevang »

heatherbell wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:24 am
stevang wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:34 am Ok, so.. Problem is not solved.
Just guessing but is it anything to do with this?
https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Phoen ... quirements
All of those requirements are checked in the first step of installation, no?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

stevang wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:19 pm All of those requirements are checked in the first step of installation, no?
Not the database ones. Although I wouldn't think that database version would cause a timeout.
stevang

Post by stevang »

ecartz wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm
stevang wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:19 pm All of those requirements are checked in the first step of installation, no?
Not the database ones. Although I wouldn't think that database version would cause a timeout.
when I remember it right I always had 2 basic problems with phoenix. the installation script not going to step 2 and the sessions not running out.

I add my server info export. anything to see there?
[phoenix]
version = 1.0.8.2

[system]
date = 2021-05-05 15:22:11 +0200 CEST
os = Linux
kernel =
uptime =
http_server = Apache

[mysql]
version = 10.3.27-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
server_info = 5.5.5-10.3.27-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
date = 2021-05-05 15:22:11
offset = 02:00
time_zone = CET

[php]
version = 7.3.27-1~deb10u1
zend = 3.3.27
sapi = fpm-fcgi
int_size = 8
open_basedir = 0
memory_limit = 80M
error_reporting = 32767
display_errors = 0
allow_url_fopen = 1
allow_url_include = 0
file_uploads = 1
upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 72M
disable_functions = dl, disk_free_space, diskfreespace, stream_socket_sendto, proc_get_status, proc_nice, proc_open, proc_terminate, proc_close, popen, curl_multi_exec, pcntl_exec, pcntl_fork, pcntl_setpriority, symlink, link, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, posix_setpgid, posix_getpwuid, show_source, highlight_file, syslog, error_log, openlog, define_syslog_variables, apache_child_terminate, apache_setenv, apache_note, exec, system, shell_exec, passthru
disable_classes =
enable_dl = 0
filter.default = unsafe_raw
zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = 0
unicode.semantics = 0
zend_thread_safty = 0
extensions = Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, sodium, session, standard, cgi-fcgi, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, bcmath, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, iconv, imagick, intl, json, exif, mysqli, pdo_mysql, Phar, posix, pspell, readline, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, ionCube Loader, Zend OPcache
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

stevang wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm I add my server info export. anything to see there?
Not that leaps out at me. It's giving a timeout. The two basic causes I could see for that would be if set_time_limit is disabled or if there were some kind of firewall issue that was keeping the response from going through.

I know that you said that it looked like it worked. You might check if the last instruction in the .sql file went through. Because that would help indicate if it times out prior to completion. That's

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added)
 VALUES ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_INFO_TEXT_SORT_ORDER', '20', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', 6, 3, now());
and

INSERT INTO specials VALUES (1, 1, '2.9900', now(), null, null, null, '1');
stevang

Post by stevang »

ecartz wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:26 pm
stevang wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm I add my server info export. anything to see there?
Not that leaps out at me. It's giving a timeout. The two basic causes I could see for that would be if set_time_limit is disabled or if there were some kind of firewall issue that was keeping the response from going through.

I know that you said that it looked like it worked. You might check if the last instruction in the .sql file went through. Because that would help indicate if it times out prior to completion. That's

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added)
 VALUES ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_INFO_TEXT_SORT_ORDER', '20', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', 6, 3, now());
and

Its all there. also the products and the special price entry. i tried adding
ini_set('max_execution_time', 300);
to the application_top.php of the install folder, but that seems not to be it.

Regards,
Stephan
stevang

Post by stevang »

ecartz wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:26 pm

and

I just found some notes i made for installation of 1.0.2.5. it is a PHP max_execution_time problem. 60sec are not enough to do all the database stuff on installation. my server comes with default max_execution_time of 60sec
if it is possible i would think about split up the database installation, so 60sec are good enough to process each single part of it.

Regards,
Stephan