Contact us file error

Ask the community for help and support.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Contact us file error

Post by heatherbell »

shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:44 amIs this maths_captcha addon just for bots or for fake accounts as well?
You would have seen a similar 'Question & Answer' captcha when you registered on this forum - they are known to work well.
We have used the Maths Captcha for years and it works well on create_account and contact_us.
Of course a human spammer can get through but they are not so much of a problem as the automated ones.
This addon is one of the PRO Supporters addons and burt kindly gave it to the community for free.
You should consider becoming a PRO Supporter to support the project and as a bonus you will have access to the others.
shopify

Post by shopify »

Error.jpg
raiwa wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:47 amJust bots.
Is there a way to stop this outputting two (2) seperate error boxes when form is submitted with wrong answer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shopify on Sun May 23, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
shopify

Post by shopify »

heatherbell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:06 am
shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:44 amIs this maths_captcha addon just for bots or for fake accounts as well?
You would have seen a similar 'Question & Answer' captcha when you registered on this forum - they are known to work well.
We have used the Maths Captcha for years and it works well on create_account and contact_us.
Of course a human spammer can get through but they are not so much of a problem as the automated ones.
This addon is one of the PRO Supporters addons and burt kindly gave it to the community for free.
You should consider becoming a PRO Supporter to support the project and as a bonus you will have access to the others.
Thank you so much.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 amIs there a way to stop this outputting two (2) seperate error boxes when form is submitted with wrong answer?
It does not do that on a clean install which suggests something else you have installed or changed is causing it.
shopify

Post by shopify »

heatherbell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:28 am
shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 amIs there a way to stop this outputting two (2) seperate error boxes when form is submitted with wrong answer?
It does not do that on a clean install which suggests something else you have installed or changed is causing it.
Sorry, I haven't changed anything other than the error message as shown in snapshot. Not sure what you mean by a clean install.... I've only just used this addon for the first time and tested it on a new installation of phoenix as I didn't want to use it on my live site until I'm sure it was fine. This is absolutely nothing to do with me.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:54 pmNot sure what you mean by a clean install
A clean install is a new installation with no other addons, modifications or changes to core files or database e.g. the v1.0.8.3 demo here:
https://phoenixcart.org/demo/create_account.php
shopify

Post by shopify »

heatherbell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:12 pm
shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:54 pmNot sure what you mean by a clean install
A clean install is a new installation with no other addons, modifications or changes to core files or database e.g. the v1.0.8.3 demo here:
https://phoenixcart.org/demo/create_account.php
So based on what your inference, I have to always have a "clean install" to use an addon? If that's the case, what's the point of using this software if every time I need to use an addon I have to dismantle my live site just so I can have a "clean install" for an addon? This makes no sense if as you say I need a clean install which equals endless dismantling of my live site and doing a so-called "clean install". Phew...!
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

shopify wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:41 pm So based on what your inference, I have to always have a "clean install" to use an addon?
No, that is your inference which is wrong.
I'm showing the addon works on a clean install with the implication that changes have been made in your setup that are causing the issue.
Can also be seen working on a modified installation here https://phoenixcart.org/templ1/create_account.php which would again imply that your reported issue is not caused by the addon but is specific to your setup.