Test site layout problems

Ask the community for help and support.
RAC

Test site layout problems

Post by RAC »

Hello all.

I have a new test install of Phoenix 1.0.7.15 on my (.uk) test domain, https://retro-antiques-curios.uk/index.php, transferred using zipur’s Migration Utility, which worked well.

I am running php 7.3 and have installed Recapcha 3, TinyMCE and zipur’s header message.

I have two questions, first a product display question.

On my sites home page I have a “New Products For May” view, which shows a selection of products and includes a single Image, the title and price only.

However within each category, the products are displayed with an image, title , price and the whole description of the product, this gives very poor visual layout to the site.

Is there a way I can have just the image, title and price displayed in the category pages, with the full description only on show when the product is selected?

Secondly, when clicking on two of my categories, “ceramics & glass” and “miscellaneous” the left and right columns are wrongly displayed at the bottom of the page, where on all other pages they are displayed correctly alongside the products, regardless of the size of the device, how do I fix this?

TIA
Shaun
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Test site layout problems

Post by heatherbell »

RAC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:17 amdisplayed with an image, title , price and the whole description of the product
That shows Product Meta Description for SEO not Products Description
You can stop it displaying by saving in your user,css

Code: Select all

.cm-ip-product-listing .font-weight-lighter {display: none;}
RAC

Post by RAC »

Thank you @heatherbell that worked a treat.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

RAC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:17 amleft and right columns are wrongly displayed at the bottom of the page
I do not have the answer for this. I vaguely remember a similar issue being caused by a shop-owner leaving an unclosed div in a product or file edit.
RAC

Post by RAC »

OK, thank you again @heatherbell, I will have a look through my related files to see if I can find the problem!

Regards
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

It looks to be a problem in the data. Some of your products have bad SEO descriptions. It's possibly a TinyMCE problem.

An example of a product with a bad SEO description: https://retro-antiques-curios.uk/produc ... cts_id=261

<this quality="" item="" is="" in="" excellent="" condition="" and="" has="" genuine="" leather="" reigns.="" to="" the="" base="" an="" auro="" atrisan,="" made="" spain="" no.="" 248-a="" printed="" mark.="" measures="" 10.5”,="" (26.5cm)="" high,="" 9”,="" (23cm)="" long="" 3”,="" (7.5cm)="" wide<="" div="">
</this>
It looks like it has a < symbol at the beginning that it shouldn't have.

Also, reins should not have a g in it in that usage (not a problem with the layout, just something I saw).
Xpajun
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Xpajun »

ecartz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:13 am It looks to be a problem in the data. Some of your products have bad SEO descriptions. It's possibly a TinyMCE problem.

An example of a product with a bad SEO description: https://retro-antiques-curios.uk/produc ... cts_id=261

<this quality="" item="" is="" in="" excellent="" condition="" and="" has="" genuine="" leather="" reigns.="" to="" the="" base="" an="" auro="" atrisan,="" made="" spain="" no.="" 248-a="" printed="" mark.="" measures="" 10.5”,="" (26.5cm)="" high,="" 9”,="" (23cm)="" long="" 3”,="" (7.5cm)="" [color=#0000BF]wide<=""[/color] div="">
</this>
It looks like it has a < symbol at the beginning that it shouldn't have.

Also, reins should not have a g in it in that usage (not a problem with the layout, just something I saw).
Also has a closing > at the end

But has wide<="" div=""> which is just before the end
Current Store is now running 1.0.7.5 - php 7.3.24
Now working on 1.0.8.19 - php 7.3.24
RAC

Post by RAC »

@ecartz you've done it again, great spot, (also spelling is not my greatest strength!).

The problem was my fault but related to @zipurman migration utility I think.

When my products were brought over all the Product Meta Descriptions For SEO, somehow converted to HTML, so I had to manually re-edited them, I guess I missed a couple of "<".

Thank you again.
RAC

Post by RAC »

I saw that, thanks @Xpajun .
zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by zipurman »

RAC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:09 am somehow converted to HTML
Not sure how that is possible as the migration utility simply copies the data as-is. The migration doesn't do any conversions.
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------
Happy to help where I can ;)

https://phoenixaddons.com
https://www.youtube.com/zipurman/ ** PHOENIX HOW-TO VIDEOS **