how do you fill peoples orders and find the items if they are in multiple bins/boxes?

Ask the community for help and support.
gsmiley007

how do you fill peoples orders and find the items if they are in multiple bins/boxes?

Post by gsmiley007 »

I'm just wondering how you go about filling peoples orders.

for example, if you have many little items say: different size screws located in different bins.

How do you keep track where to find the bin that the screw is in, when an order has several different sized screws?

Also do you use the invoice to gather the items they ordered?

Thanks
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: how do you fill peoples orders and find the items if they are in multiple bins/boxes?

Post by 14Steve14 »

We have a similar problem with our small electronic and electrical components. We use the packing slips to find the items when picking the products. We changed the code to sort the order of the products on the invoice and packing slips so they are in model number order. We then store similar products in the same place which makes finding things easier, but as we work from home and work from the garage we cant really spread around and lay things out as we would like.

There must be a way of adding a new hook to the categories admin page where you could enter a product, bin/box or shelf location which could then be shown on the packing slips. If you don't have a mod to do something similar, then you may need to ask for help specifically on the forum, or speak to a developer.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: how do you fill peoples orders and find the items if they are in multiple bins/boxes?

Post by Kofod95 »

I have updated an old addon allowing you to pre-define things you can assign to each product - it might be useful in this case? I plan to upload it to the addon-section, when I have it polished up. If someone needs it now, I can speed up that process?

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
gsmiley007

Post by gsmiley007 »

Daniel

Once I get a QA server up, might be able to help you test.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

Note that app.php/addons/supporters_code/s04e10_product_specs/ already exists. Not sure if it allows hidden fields, but it certainly allows key/value data.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

gsmiley007 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:12 am How do you keep track where to find the bin that the screw is in, when an order has several different sized screws?
Packing slips already show Model, so presuming you store inventory in Bays and bins, it can be as simple as appending the Bay and bin number to the Model e.g. if Model = AZ12345 and item stored in Bay 3 and bin 8, then Model = AZ12345-B3-b8
lambro28

Post by lambro28 »

our part numbers are where the item is kept. So number your bins, and then you know where they are.