Stripe payment problems

Ask the community for help and support.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Stripe payment problems

Post by 14Steve14 »

I know this may be better off posted in the Stripe payment addon thread but many users may not see it there, but I was just wondering if any other users of the Stripe payment addon were having problems with the module. We get lots of orders that remain at the Preparing (Stripe SCA) option. If we phone the customers they say they have entered all the card information correctly, but when we talk to them more some say they have not entered the last 3 digits from the rear of the card as they didn't see a place for this to be done. When they actually pay attention to what they are doing, the payment usually goes through the next time. Lots of customers do get it right so it must be working, but there are many that have problems, never get in touch or never re;ply to us, who must be buying from else where.

I have spoken to stripe about the failed payments and they always say that for what ever reason the required information was not entered fully, hence the failure of the payment, which sort of backs up the theory that the customers are not entering he information correctly.

This is the bit that may be should be in the stripe addon thread. In the addon the payment input boxes are all on one line. Is there a way of altering the input boxes so they are on different lines, or at least look like different boxes. I have no idea where this code is in the addon, let alone know how to alter it.
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Stripe payment problems

Post by mhsuffolk »

I have amended the language file to show this which seems to help.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.9.0 on PHP 8.0
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

mhsuffolk wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:03 am I have amended the language file to show this which seems to help.
I will give that a go. Anything will be better than it currently is. Probably getting 5 or 6 a week now, and some days more.
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mhsuffolk »

You could go further and try

Card Number > then Expiry Date > then 3 Numbers on Rear (CVC)
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

Card Number > then Expiry Date > then 3 Numbers on Rear (CVC)
I'll consider this for the next update.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

I hope this will also minimize the incomplete orders using Stripe. I have some customers that will abandon a cart and start a whole new order. Maybe @mhsuffolk suggestion coupled with an Abandoned/Recover cart addon will solve this.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

lecarlb wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 pm I hope this will also minimize the incomplete orders using Stripe. I have some customers that will abandon a cart and start a whole new order. Maybe @mhsuffolk suggestion coupled with an Abandoned/Recover cart addon will solve this.
This is what we are finding. In my Stripe account you can see all the incomplete, or more importantly Blocked payments. I was looking into seeing whether the input form could be changed so the card expiry date and the CVC numbers could be on a separate line. It could be possible apparently.

We use Gary's recover carts addon also so we can find all orders that are not completed by logged on users and by contacting them its eye opening why they didn't complete an order, but many do after receiving a pleasant email. Some though just dont reply.
mhsuffolk
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mhsuffolk »

Despite me using the ship in cart addon, I think many customers carry on to checkout_confirmation.php because that is the first place they see the order total. That page initiates the Stripe intent and if they back out then the order stays in the system in a preparing status. Perhaps checkout_payment could be modified to show the order totals or @raiwa can Ship in Cart be shown there?
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

Despite me using the ship in cart addon, I think many customers carry on to checkout_confirmation.php because that is the first place they see the order total.
Ship in cart includes an order total module which shows them already in the shopping cart.
Perhaps checkout_payment could be modified to show the order totals or @raiwa can Ship in Cart be shown there
No, shipping selection should not be offered there.

raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

For the next update I'm considering to include a hook which auto deletes the abandoned stripe orders a certain time after creation.
I would like to know which time lapse users would consider useful. I would add a configuration entry to the stripe module which let's the user set the time lapse when to delete them. Would this be desired to be set by days or by hours?
Maybe it's interesting not to delete them too soon to allow the store owner to analyse the abandoned orders. So I believe a day base would be good.
The script would be executed once per admin session (if on day base) on admin order page load.
Thoughts?