Admin section disappeared

Ask the community for help and support.
ThatSweetShop

Admin section disappeared

Post by ThatSweetShop »

Please help, my admin section has disapeared. All see is a few lines plain text on white page on the index.php display but nothing else, no menus, no button, no navigation.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Admin section disappeared

Post by heatherbell »

ThatSweetShop wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm Please help, my admin section has disapeared. All see is a few lines plain text on white page on the index.php display but nothing else, no menus, no button, no navigation.
A few lines of what text?
It can only be presumed that changes have been made to your files to cause that so undo those changes.
ThatSweetShop

Post by ThatSweetShop »

heatherbell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:38 pm
ThatSweetShop wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm Please help, my admin section has disapeared. All see is a few lines plain text on white page on the index.php display but nothing else, no menus, no button, no navigation.
A few lines of what text?
It can only be presumed that changes have been made to your files to cause that so undo those changes.
Everything I see on admin index page after I login usually shows as plain text but without a theme. And no navigation, no menus or dropdowns, no links to other parts, nothng.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

ThatSweetShop wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:46 pm Everything I see on admin index page after I login usually shows as plain text but without a theme. And no navigation, no menus or dropdowns, no links to other parts, nothng.
So it can only be presumed that changes have been made to your files to cause that so undo those changes.
ThatSweetShop

Post by ThatSweetShop »

heatherbell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:53 pm
ThatSweetShop wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:46 pm Everything I see on admin index page after I login usually shows as plain text but without a theme. And no navigation, no menus or dropdowns, no links to other parts, nothng.
So it can only be presumed that changes have been made to your files to cause that so undo those changes.
Is there a specific theme or template for the admin section? The public facing section of shop is fine. We did a backup of shop and moved it to new hosting package, edited the configure and .htaccess files. This is all we did.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

ThatSweetShop wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pmedited the configure and .htaccess files. This is all we did.
That's probably where the issue has been caused.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

ThatSweetShop wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pm Is there a specific theme or template for the admin section? The public facing section of shop is fine. We did a backup of shop and moved it to new hosting package, edited the configure and .htaccess files. This is all we did.
Check that you also updated the configure file in the admin section.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

And check SSL and that the links in configure includes 'https' (or only 'http', if SSL for some reason is not enabled) - if memory serves me, a mis-match here could cause something similar to what I think you a describing.
A screenshot (of course without any paths visible) might help us bring qualified guesses.

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide