Shipping error when checking out

Ask the community for help and support.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Shipping error when checking out

Post by 14Steve14 »

Using Phoenix 1.0.11

I have just has a customer from Ireland purchase some items from me that are above the maximum weight that we ship internationally, meaning that there are no shipping options available. He has been able to continue with the checkout. I have checked this with the same items in the cart and the problem is there. Its possible to continue on through the checkout system without having shipping accounted for.

This may be my setup, but should there be something that stops the checkout process if shipping is not available. There's not even a message saying no shipping option.
shipping.jpg
Last edited by 14Steve14 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Shipping error when checking out

Post by 14Steve14 »

A bit of further info.

I am using a custom Royal mail shipping module written by @BrockleyJohn so may need to speak to him to also test this

I have just changed some of the settings to split the postage on shipping weight and the shipping shows. Changing the split shipping by cost also shows the shipping costs.
markg

Post by markg »

You might want to go to the shipping/packaging page in the backend and set 'Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones' to false
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

markg wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:25 am You might want to go to the shipping/packaging page in the backend and set 'Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones' to false
That is already set.
lambro28

Post by lambro28 »

isnt it something to do with not ending with a comma when you set your weight / prices ?

Just checked and mine works OK, and I have not modified Johns addons