Script problem with languages other than English

Ask the community for help and support.
abofayez

Script problem with languages other than English

Post by abofayez »

I faced a problem that Google revealed..which is that the titles of categories, products, and pages can only be written in the English language. It does not accept the Arabic language, and I do not know about other languages.. Where Google determines that these pages have errors..the script converts letters into numbers. This is an example of such errors.
This is the example from google:

[{"@id":"https:\/\/xxxx.com","name":" Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"item":{"@id":{},"name":"\u0627\u0644\u0631\u0626\u064a\u0633\u064a\u0629"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"item":{"@id":

Another example from my device
{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"item":{"@id":{},"name":"Catalog"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"item":{"@id":{},"name":"\u0639\u0633\u0644"}}]}</script>

The numbers appearing in the text with the letter U are Arabic letters. It was converted into numbers.. SEO did not recognize it, so it appeared as errors on all pages
Last edited by abofayez on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
abofayez

Re: Script problem with languages other than English

Post by abofayez »

Please excuse me for my many questions....
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

Please start over with a fresh install in a subfolder. Then add just the translation files in includes/languages/arabic and turn on the second language. Does it work? If so, then the problem is something that you modified in the core files. In particular, I see

Code: Select all

<html lang="ar" dir="rtl"><head>
<div style='text-align:right'>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
My guess is that Google is unable to parse this and therefore never uses the charset setting. You should only have to modify the language files and the user.css file to make those particular changes. You should not make changes to the code files.
abofayez

Post by abofayez »

Well ... I installed the entire script (in English only) with the trial products on a local server and the products and categories appeared without error, then I entered the categories and changed the name of the category from English to Arabic. Then I displayed the page codes and found the error is present .. I retyped the name Classification in English and the problem disappeared.